Overacheived distance

2 messages
03/09/2012 at 12:29

Ths isnt so much a discussion but im so proud of myself and i had to write something about it.

Yesterday, i went out for a long run, planned to go out for a 10k and slowed my pace down by 30sec ish. I class myself as pretty much a beginner but something happened yesterday that made me think i may have under-estimated myself. 

I found myself at my usual 5k distance and knew i had more in me. An hour or so later ive finished my run; 15.6k and was out for 1hr45. Even looking at my graph on nike+ showed my pace was really consistant...i dont even get a consistant pace on my 5k runs!

I can stress enough how important your pre run meal is! i had a full meal for breakfast and i truly believe that this has a positive effect on how i performed yesterday evening. 

Onwards and Upwards!

03/09/2012 at 12:36

Well done! Sometimes, you just get a day where everything comes together and you feel like you could run forever. Always gives a good boost to the confidence.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.