Owen breaks a bone

Out for 10 weeks????

8 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
31/12/2005 at 17:36
Michael Owen broke his 5th metatarsal in today's game and will reportedly be out for 10 weeks. Huh??????

When I did the same, I was racing again after 3 weeks, and I didn't have access to the same medical care and therapy he will get. Seems a bit excessive to me.
31/12/2005 at 17:40
I think it supports my suspicion that generally most footballers are big girls blouses!
31/12/2005 at 21:58
Isn't it the kicking thing? Given where metatarsals are, and what happens when you kick, forget about what happens when some other kind soul jumps on the afflicted foot, I'm not surprised he's out for 10 weeks. I suspect he'll be running long before he's game fit.

That's my guess.

I am surprised how difficult kicking a football is. I've been running again for nearly four years (gosh, yesterday was my four year anniversary and I missed it), but even kicking a ball back to children who have kicked it out of bounds when passing is a considerable effort.

Running makes much less in the way of demands.
01/01/2006 at 07:20
Stickless is very right. It's not about how long it'll take for the bone to mend it's about it being strong enough to kick a ball, very different to weight bearing by running on. Oh and most of us woud be running far slower than he does on the pitch too so not as much strain as he would be putting on the bone!

01/01/2006 at 16:27
Footballers generally play with injuries if they can as well, the medical staff don't want their best player out for any longer that he has to be so if it takes 10 weeks you can guarantee that 10 weeks is pretty much the minimum.
01/01/2006 at 19:48
I doubt whether people are trying to stamp on our feet when we run either....
02/01/2006 at 15:08
But the good news was that Spurs beat Newcastle
02/01/2006 at 18:48
unfortunately the toon equalised in the last minute today, which saves Souness' job for another month. bugger....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.