Padded Cell

New and improved - with extra padding...

561 to 578 of 578 messages
09/06/2004 at 23:56
Night, ladies

:-x
14/06/2004 at 13:53
Boing for all those suffering(why did i never realise that this one was for peeps like me?)
15/02/2005 at 17:43
boing

its time to get serious about this
15/02/2005 at 17:45
What's your target Hipps?

We can help boot your backside when necessary.

(And there's a certain diploma course I should have started a month ago.......)
15/02/2005 at 17:55
I havent done ANYTHING on this since MAY 2004

could you please smack my supervisors, they wont give me any feedback on what i have sent them

before my 40th(may) is prob not realistic
But by the end of the year
15/02/2005 at 22:15

wel, Im terribly lonely
again

i just hope that from tomorrow, I can channel the enui and pain

writing a thesis is shit
but at the end of the day----might have summat
IF the supervisors bother to read it
and if they dont--got nowt to lose by submitting anyway
15/02/2005 at 22:48
Hi Benz.

Glad to see you again. Have spent the evening reading a book on Arthurian historiography. Still haven't written anything. Last written work is date April 2004... Feeling thoroughly depressed and fed up and a failure...

Also lonely, unsurprisingly!

Bit of a negative day all round - let's hope tomorrow's better!
15/02/2005 at 22:55
oh dear
you and me both

RIGHT

what shall we do about it

how are your supervisor peeps
16/02/2005 at 09:42
lovely - that's the problem... it's the whole inexpressible air of sadness and regret, and the whiff of failure and the feeling that I've let down my supervisor...

If only I could write chapters as well as I can excuses!

I really really couldn't ask for a better supervisor. Or even a more supportive department - other members of staff leave stuff in my pigeonhole that I may find useful - and they're nearly always right. It's just me - or more specifically, lack of time and confidence.

Well, tonight when I get home from work I will give the house a good clean, put away all the paint cans and brushes and ladders and then sort out the piles of thesis paperwork on my desk. Tomorrow night I will go to Sainsbury's and stock up on food - and fresh flowers. Friday I can't do anything cos I'm flying to Cornwall and back (taking my grandmother to lunch - sad, isn't it, when I don't even have time to stay overnight? Still, she thinks it's incredibly glamorous, and she does at least get a full day out of me!) - but then Saturday... Saturday will be Thesis Day.

What about you? What's happened to your on-call trauma? Are you still doing six weeks without a break, 3 hours off then another 7 weeks?!
16/02/2005 at 09:49
morning snaily

No, there are 4 of us now, so its one week in four plus some extra medicine on calls, and etra when someone is away
Im going to instal end note
i bought it 6 months ago
16/02/2005 at 20:55
Snail, you don't have to buy me flowers because I'm staying Saturday night!!!

I've just spent an 1hr studying, it went like this ;-)

This guy hobbles in, who's FLM training.
I spend 60min massaging his legs, spend most of that time talking about running :-)
He's WALKS out!

Even pay's me :-)

His soleus & gastrocnemius muscle's were tight in the right calf & both rectus femoris were pulling on his kneecaps & making his knees hurt!

He wants to come back every 2-3 weeks before the big day!!!
I feel a bit guilty as thats what I suggested but getting round FLM is his real target, & I feel this is his best option.

Better go & do some reading now.
16/02/2005 at 22:39
ok Tim

I would like a massage too

damn

you dont live near me
17/02/2005 at 10:30
Benz, are you coming down for FLM? I know where Tim'll be - at the Snaily B&B - I'll lock him in if you like ;-)

Tim, the flowers aren't for you. They're for me, oddly enough. I have to buy myself my own flowers these days :-( But Mr Snail did manage to order me some extremely nice chocolates over the internet from Iraq. AND he sent me a card. Last year I got neither chocolates nor card - because he 'forgot' - perhaps he should go to Iraq more often! (NO, I DON'T meant that!)

What's 'endnote'? And what do you mean, instal it? I'm assuming it's not the conclusion of your thesis... ?

17/02/2005 at 10:34
If only Snail!

No its a reference manager programme

Id ben using a copied pirate version which no longer works
so ive bought one
still sitting in plastic wrapper
am very worried it will wipe all the references in my intro, and ill have to do them again
17/02/2005 at 19:17
Snail, the real shame of it is I don't have anybody to buy flowers for :-(

Still I like nice chocolates ;-)
12/03/2005 at 18:32
boing for Chimp

and for me
again!
12/03/2005 at 18:33
(sigh!)
29/03/2006 at 19:19
or this one?
cant decide------

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
561 to 578 of 578 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.