Pale patches on face when running

Pale patches on face when running

1 message
19/11/2012 at 22:17

When training I've never gone rosy red like most and it's never really bothered me until I started taking up running 6months back and joined a weekly run club - we've built up to 10kms now but where everyone else goes a healthy beetroot red amid and toward the end I have a sort of red face but with a very noticable stripe of pallor on/under my cheek bones, but noticeably white in colour. I feel fine, totally fine - not dizzy, tired or anything.... I drink plenty before I run, eat a good hour before etc. I've had a google and there isnt really much on "going white instead of red". I go back to normal after about an hour or so... and as I said feel utterly fine. Some threads I read say blood can drain from face to oxygenate muscles where needed? I don't think I am over exerting myself but looking at me people do comment and ask if I'm ok which is so disconcerting! Is this a normal thing - do some physiologically just go pale instead of red?! 

Edited: 19/11/2012 at 22:24

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.