Parkrun Central London??

21 to 24 of 24 messages
22/11/2012 at 17:14

You may find that the unique thing about these venues is that Wandsworth and Westminster councils, unlike other councils, havent quite worked out how to square the circle of charging the organisers of 'paid for' events in their parks whilst at the same time not charging parkrun for regular free events.

22/11/2012 at 19:00

My old club used to organise small monthly 10ks in Regents Park but from what I can recall there were a lot of restrictions, and I think we were only allowed to do it in the winter months. No harm in asking though.

23/11/2012 at 15:27

Park run have come to me as they are looking into having a park run in Southwark park. We've got a number of people in our club that are happy to volunteer so we're in talks with them now. Curly if you'd like to join a club that doesn't cost anything then just turn up to www.londoncityrunners.com whenever you want. It's 6k each Tuesday 11k each Sunday.

27/11/2012 at 17:44

The Royal Parks are ruled out apparently - from the London representative: "it has simply been impossible to get permission to use the parks".

Looks like I'll be running on my own then

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.