Paula Radcliffe

1 to 20 of 33 messages
06/08/2002 at 20:46
Well done Paula Radcliffe on the
Euro 10,000 win.Inspiration to
us all:)
06/08/2002 at 21:24
Fantastic.... I`d have trouble doing a 10k that quick on a bike!!!!
06/08/2002 at 21:26
I'll second that - she was, as in the FLM 2002, truly awesome. She took a world class field and totally anihilated them.

And if only the lapped runners had got out of the way, instead of making her run another 50 metres, she'd have gone sub 30.

I reckon she'll shatter the world record in the Chicago marathon.

Wonder if she'll go for the 5000 later in the week too? ;-)

Iain
06/08/2002 at 21:33
Isn't she great!
Shame about the lapped runners.
06/08/2002 at 21:36
I was feeling totally emotional at the end of that, absolutely fan-bloody-tastic and truly inspirational. Paula just gets better and better.
Yes I think she'll be in the 5k later and will once again decimate the field (as long as tonight didn't take too much out of her).
It's made me look forward to my run tomorrow morning!

Simon
06/08/2002 at 21:44
Totally unbeliveable, the best race I have ever watched.
06/08/2002 at 22:21
Brilliant to watch - just sorry she couldn't quite break 30 mins...
06/08/2002 at 22:35
Wow! I do track work once a week and I can't run one lap as quick as Paula's slowest lap of the amazing 10k! I hope that Paula breaks the world record in Chicago.
06/08/2002 at 22:54
Paula was absolutely magnificent; what a year she is having, and what a privilege to watch a bit of history being made. Did it occur to anyone else that she would have broken 30 minutes this evening had the runners she lapped given way to allow her to go through on the inside of the track?

06/08/2002 at 23:02
Me again; I see by reading through the other posts that the lapped runner problem HAS occurred to others. When did the practice of moving aside vanish?

Well, it was a great inspiration, regardless; let's hope she feels fit for the 5k.

Wow, time for A LOT more speedwork.
06/08/2002 at 23:39
Well done Paula, an inspiration to runners & non-runners everywhere. Let's hope this inspires more people to take up running so that one day another hopeful can raise the British Flag!

How many people watching were shouting at their TV's in encouragement?! I know I was. ;o)

Also try not to forget Sonia O'Sullivan who also ran under 31 minutes, & achieved Silver & THE Irish record.

Well done once again.
06/08/2002 at 23:57
WOW!!! FANTASTIC!!! WOW!!!
06/08/2002 at 23:59
Hey there, everyone across "The Pond"!! Here in the US, distance coverage is HORRID....if anyone happened to video-tape Paula's great 10,000 (even if it's in Euro "Pal" format, I can get it converted), PLEASE contact me....I'd love to get a copy of it, and will gladly pay the cost to you. Email me at airmax@optonline.net Thanks!!! --Steve in the States
07/08/2002 at 06:59
.....and I bet all the non-runners out there were thinking "Why didn't she just run one second faster - she obviously wasn't trying"

If anything makes you want to go out and run gut busting intervals to get faster - Paula's run did.

Truely amazing.
07/08/2002 at 08:30
The amazing thing for me was that having just destroyed the field... she was initially disappointed with herself!

What is she going to do next? Anything seems possible at the moment.

For those lucky enough to be running the Nike 10K.... I've heard you'll have the honour of running in the same race as the great woman.... even if it's is much slower!
07/08/2002 at 08:37
On the subject of Paula R. is the secret to her success in the socks, anyone any ideas why she wears long ones. Saw a piccy the other day and they look like compression socks.
07/08/2002 at 08:40
Does that mean she's not doing the Flora Light 5K this year? :( I'm not doing the Nike 10K!
iron fraggle    pirate
07/08/2002 at 08:45
I too was shouting at the telly - it was soooo awe inspiring...now where did I put my trainers?
07/08/2002 at 09:03
Fantastic. Yes, I was shouting at the telly too, as she came down the finishing straight. What a hero!

WW - yes they are comression socks (interview on Eurosport News last night) and she feels that they help stop her legs getting fatigued over longer distance. She also keeps them on for a couple of hours after the race to help get rid of the lactic acid.

I'm off up to Boots at lunchtime for some surgical stockings!!!
07/08/2002 at 09:11
Absolutely fantastic - she just really blew them all away. Its got to be Paula for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year. What a year she is having!

Well done to Sonia O'Sullivan also who also had a magnificent race. She gave birth at the beginning of the year, and look at how well she ran.
1 to 20 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.