Pins and Needles when Running

41 to 43 of 43 messages
11/02/2011 at 10:56
I have just started feeling pins and needles specifically in the arches of my foot and occaisionally in big toe. However I didn't feel this until the evening after a run. Nothing during the run. It is still there 2 days later. Comments please?
12/02/2011 at 22:09

Hi Julian,

You could have Morton Neuromas (http://www.foothealthfacts.org/footankleinfo/mortons-neuroma.htm).

Worth geting checked out by a Podiatrist, I had the same problem and got custom orthotics which fixed the problem. When I run anything over about 4 miles my toes go numb and was in pain.

Hope this helps

13/02/2011 at 13:37

I too have suffered the pins and needles problem - left foot exactly 30 mins into a run.  I also have lower back problems on my left side.  But I have found stretching the achilles (I think that's what its called - the bit that runs from your calf down to your heel) before I run has really, really helped.  I sit on a chair and circle my ankles both ways for a few mins and then if I think they may still be a bit tight do a few calf raises on the stairs - works really well for me. 

Hope this is of help.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.