Pld running medals

what can i do with them?

17 messages
Plum    pirate
07/04/2010 at 20:12

Dont want to chuck them in the bin, they are cluttering up the place, there apparently is a place in the States that recycles them but the postage would be silly.....

Any ideas?

07/04/2010 at 21:41

melt 'em down for the gold content

or send them back to the olympic committe - theyve been wondering where they went.

M...eldy    pirate
07/04/2010 at 21:42
Keep 'em you miserable old goat
07/04/2010 at 21:58
Give them to your local Uni art department, they'll find lots of wacky ways to use them.
08/04/2010 at 09:14
Attach them to that body you need to chuck in the river.
08/04/2010 at 10:24

Be proud of them! I got a medal tree to display them, doesn't take up much room & looks impressive.

Failing that, sell them? eBay, car boot sale etc.

08/04/2010 at 10:29

Think you should keep them.  Get a display case and put them up somewhere.

If you really dont want them there are lots of people that like to buy them on ebay, cant understand why though if they have not done the actual race.

08/04/2010 at 10:31
I had a look round ebay the other day, some fool is trying to sell their RfL medal for £20!!
08/04/2010 at 16:59

Deary me Plum...if you so dislike the medals, it's simple...don't keep taking them!!

I bet you can't bear to not take one though as it'd be like you're not getting the full value from the race.

08/04/2010 at 22:20
i'd feel embarrased not takjing them, but I don't really want most of them. I run for the run. It seems churlish to refuse though.
09/04/2010 at 09:57
Do you have young kids or nephews/nieces? Medals seem popular with young kids. Why don't you give them away?
Plum    pirate
19/04/2010 at 21:12

I normally  now watch the end of the race and there is always the parent with two kids and only one medal and that person normally gets mine, it would be churlish to actually refuse the medal IMHO......... I must have about a couple of hundred of the more important ones still hanging up in the flat........

My kids are almost as senile as me    :-0

Plum    pirate
19/04/2010 at 21:14
Womble wrote (see)

you are so dead Ma Frog...........
20/04/2010 at 19:44

Hi

I was wondering if I could have a few? I know that sounds really funny and I promise not to pretend they are mine.

But at school this term my eldest child (aged 7) is doing a special project on health and fitness and they would love to have some medals to use in their displays.

I'm just a newbie and my first race isn't for another two week so I don't have any medals yet

Chilibean

21/04/2010 at 09:29
Plum wrote (see)
Womble wrote (see)

you are so dead Ma Frog...........

Oops, sorry. Had you  already got rid of it?
Plum    pirate
02/05/2010 at 21:27

Sorry

Only just seen this 

If you still want some mail me through the forums, your mail is not activated

Chilibean wrote (see)

Hi

I was wondering if I could have a few? I know that sounds really funny and I promise not to pretend they are mine.

But at school this term my eldest child (aged 7) is doing a special project on health and fitness and they would love to have some medals to use in their displays.

I'm just a newbie and my first race isn't for another two week so I don't have any medals yet

Chilibean

02/05/2010 at 22:01
I have 2 boxes full of medals

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.