Please stop doing it, men!

1 to 20 of 72 messages
06/09/2009 at 08:57

Please please please.....don't make me suffer this again!

I ran the Fanø half marathon yesterday - part of it 7km on the beach in storm force headwinds. I kid you not! As I was running about 5 metres from the man in front he decided to completely empty the contents of his very snotty nose, turning his head slightly sideways into the wind to do so. His snot rammed me straight in the face. Lovely.

Please men, why do you spit up the contents of your lungs or blow out the contents of your nose without checking if there is anyone around?

OK - I know it's not all men who do this, but please if you are one of them think about the person behind.

06/09/2009 at 09:07

That's snot funny.

A bit of awareness and discreet snot rocket firing is required here I think.

I've only fired a couple of snot rockets and that was because a fly thought my nostril would make a nice place to stop. 
06/09/2009 at 09:21

Now that is funny Mick

But not you SP13

Personally I'm not a spitter or a rocket launcher, but I see people coughing one up or launching, without looking where it's going to land, why is that?

Hopefully you haven't caught anything

06/09/2009 at 10:21

I am a regular snot rocketer, but as a rule only when there's no-one else around (just in case I end up hitting my own leg and looking like a bit of a tit). If there are other people around, I would have thought it was common courtesy to check who is around and where you're firing your rocket (so to speak).

On the plus side, if you get good at it, you can aim for small dogs snapping around your ankles

06/09/2009 at 10:28

Was overtaking a group of runners on my pushbike the other day and received exactly the same treatment.  Gross!!!!   

06/09/2009 at 10:33

Is it just a bloke thing??  I love a good snot rocket / spit when really necessary but only when there's no one within distance.  How disgusting.

Talking of gender generalisations, can anyone tell me whether I'm allowed to eat Activia yoghurt?  According to the adverts they're a medical remedy for overweight middle-aged women with bloating problems.  So I feel a bit guilty eating them but the rhubarb flavour is bloody lovely. 

06/09/2009 at 10:35
Nope, its certainly not just a guy thing.
06/09/2009 at 10:37

Definitely not, Phil, I am a laydee sossidge

Having it land on your face though...

06/09/2009 at 12:08
Eeeeeeeewwwwwwww
06/09/2009 at 12:09
PhilPub - why not switch to a Yakult? The man on the advert gets an 'I love you man' from his growling belly - what could be better than that?
06/09/2009 at 14:21
I've never understood why laydeez buy all these fancy yogurts because of bloating problems. Save your money and just let out a massive great fart. Works for me!
Rc.    pirate
06/09/2009 at 15:17
 Lol Muttley
06/09/2009 at 15:32
SP13 hope you told what for
06/09/2009 at 15:33

Yep, I'm in the 'let it rip' camp. I knew someone once who was so paranoid about her new bf hearing her fart that she used to go into the next room and pull her cheeks apart so it wouldn't make a noise

Mr.S has never had to worry with me. Although he has threatened me with a cork on a number of occasions...

Edited: 06/09/2009 at 15:34
06/09/2009 at 15:42

Ah, Mrs Sossidge, you are a woman after my own heart

My mum used to quote what she insisted was a traditional scottish folk saying;

"Where e'er you be

Let your wind gang free"

Says it all, really.  Simple, yet profound....

(oh, and I might have known Muttley would turn up on this thread )

Nam
06/09/2009 at 15:46

*joins Mrs Sossidge on the laydee snot rocket bench*

A highlight of my IM training was to master the art of the underarm snot rocket on the bike without getting it on your thigh!

06/09/2009 at 15:51

Hehehe love running/cycling cos I'm allowed to dispense with the pretence of being lady

But I would move out of the way and aim downwards to snot rocket in a race. ewwwww

Nam
06/09/2009 at 15:56
*waves to Thelma*
06/09/2009 at 16:05

Hello Sho!

My granny used to add 'be it church or chapel, let it rattle' to that...!

Nam, how in the name of all that is green did you manage that? Half the time I still end up hitting my own ankle and that's just running!

Nam
06/09/2009 at 16:14
The Divine Sossidge wrote (see)

Nam, how in the name of all that is green did you manage that? Half the time I still end up hitting my own ankle and that's just running!

Move your head as if you're trying to look under your arm and behind you.  Pinch nose at bottom and blow hard!  It should fly under your arm pit and behind you.  If it's running down your thigh or ankle you need more oomph behind it! 
1 to 20 of 72 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.