Polar Coach HRM

Battery Replacement...help!!!

5 messages
13/01/2007 at 20:02
OK! So I got it at a give away price as Polar were phasing out this model.

BUT the battery has now gone flat and, on sending it to an authorised service centre, I have been told that they no longer stock spare parts for this particular model and that I'd need to buy a new HRM.

It only needs a new battery for heavens sake surely somewhere in the big wide world this can be done.

Any ideas?
Stump    pirate
13/01/2007 at 20:10
Jewelers that does watch batteries; must be worth a try.
13/01/2007 at 21:38
Tried several but they won't touch it.
13/01/2007 at 21:52
That's because it won't be waterproof once they do it but mine changed my battery once I reassured them that I didn't swim with it and wouldn't chase them for compensation if it got water in it. That was two years ago and no problems so far!

If you can't find one that will do it, take it to a diving shop - they cahnge batteries in diving watches, so should be able to do a Polar one.
Dustboy    pirate
13/01/2007 at 23:23
Laugh, but Debenhams Woking (and maybe a few others)

Polar replacement battery in watch and transmitter, resealed AND pressure tested, 3 month guarantee, about 20 quid and an hour.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.