Pooh's Corner

I'm a parent with a need to run run run

2,001 to 2,016 of 2,016 messages
30/03/2009 at 21:07

Glad you are Ok - no one ever said being a parent was easy,

Take care and keep in touch

31/03/2009 at 10:05

thanks grendel. 

mini had another bad night.  she is really badly affected by the chicken pox.  she has them in her throat and on her tongue and finds it hard to swallow, let alone eat.  we got her a happy meal last night which is usually her favourite and she was crying as she ate it

31/03/2009 at 20:49
and you can't help her, just make sure she drinks plenty hope she picks up quickly
01/04/2009 at 21:25

a bit better night, thank goodness.  there must be a chicken pox epidemic in harold hill as when OH went to tesco for more calamine aqueous cream, they had run out (and they had run out of the lotion.)  ended up having to go to romford at 9pm last night as the boots in the brewery has a pharmacy that is open 'til midnight.  she looked like casper by the time we had finished putting cream on her.  she also has a nasty cough, so by the time we had given her antihistamine and calpol, i think we must have drugged her into submission

she seems a bit more herself today.  had a day off today but back to work tomorrow.

thanks again for your support grendel.  it means a lot.

02/04/2009 at 01:29
i'm glad she is a lttle better hope she and you all have a good nights sleep
03/04/2009 at 10:19

looks like you're not sleeping grendel - what on earth are you doing up at that time?

mini much better from the pox front, although her feet and ankles seem to have flared up (where bizarrely her exzema is the worst) but I she always gets a flare up when she's poorly so I expected it.

we are at home today as I am on chicken pox duty.  as i now have 10 years service in the NHS i get more annual leave so it makes sense for me to have time off when she's ill.  my mum came to look after her yesterday and did a huge pile of ironing.  have asked her to come back at the same time next week  have always said that if i ever win the lottery (i rarely buy a ticket) the first thing i will do is pay someone to do my ironing.

03/04/2009 at 22:35
mini has started to pick her scabs
06/04/2009 at 10:03
mini had her first swimming lesson saturday morning
07/04/2009 at 20:33

I was up at that time because I am not sleeping very well - not sure why!

Glad she is feeling better tweety - and the swimming is great for her

08/04/2009 at 22:18

hope you are ok grendel.  how's the mini grendel - behaving himself in the school holidays?

mini's scabs are coming off her head now so it looks like she has big clumps of dandruff in her hair.  and the excema has flared up.  ho hum.  i suppose these things are send to try us

09/04/2009 at 16:45

Mini is doing very well, Michelle is at her dads for a couple of days and is coming home later (will have to tidy the place up) he has been as good as gold. We went to see a friend of his this afternoon and her Mum said he is a completly different little boy with me than with his Mum

10/04/2009 at 15:07
glad he's being good for his daddy.  why do you reckon he plays up for michelle and not you?
11/04/2009 at 18:38
Because she is quite tense and dictortorial around him, whereas I am more relaxed - but she is home now!!
11/04/2009 at 22:12

oh well.  is michelle still taking the ads?

happy easter for tomorrow everyone - eat some choc for me.

17/04/2009 at 21:56

hope you well tweety - yes Michelle is on the Ads for at least another nine months,

Nathan is 6 Sunday can't believe it and it has gone so quickly - would I change anything - no not a thing life with Nathan is better than anything could ever have been without

05/05/2009 at 00:02

Hello all

Sorry but this marathon trainin malarcky is killing me.  Am ready for bed but Mol having a restless one. 

How are you Tweety????  My friend (we don't get to meet up much, kids all different ages)  has a boy with AS and one with ADHD  good combination.  Its like Bazra in her house on a bad day.  But as she says God made them special....  They both like a good routine in place.  My friend who is a child minder had Jude who is an absolute joy.  Really nice child. 

Hell I love it when kids kick off!!!  It gives me the opportunity to look daggers back at the ones looking daggers at me.  As my Gp says half of the people looking at you have been there seen it and got the tee-shirt, and are looking on in sympathy remembering the days when..... the other half don't have a clue.  Hold your head high girl you are a mother and kids were sent to try us....  that they do......    The day she asks you 'mummy whats a C**t??' on a really busy metro is the day you want to die!!!!!  Tantrums are nothing. 

conversation went like:

'Its a naughty word mol used by naughty people  ooooo look is that a horse????'...... 

'but why is it naughty mummy and what is it???' 

Oh it is a horse.......  Oh theres a foal........  wow look more horses.....  look at all the water in that field.... da da da dee dee dee.....

But Mummy....

Would you like a treat in Newcastle when Mummy gets her New trainers....  maybe some chocolate.......

Ooo yes please Mummy....  CAn I run in the shop..????

Mummy sighs with relief!!!! 

Well that sounds like Mol asleep am off to the land of nod.

TAke care Grendel and Tweety xx  xxxx will get back properly soon. 

The ground didn't swallow me that time.  I hope it does next time though!!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2,001 to 2,016 of 2,016 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.