Pooh's Corner

I'm a parent with a need to run run run

1,801 to 1,820 of 2,016 messages
26/02/2008 at 10:00

Hello Jackie, welcome too - not sure how much you have read back - but although not effected personally my wife was and it has shaped our lives considerably.

Well done on resuming your running career - as BD said I am sure the others will be along too!

29/02/2008 at 00:22

Hello JAckie

How are you??  Feel free to join us.

Just a quickie as Mousie loaded and looks like she is coming in with me or we both don't sleep!!!!

Hello everyone.  Hope everybody well.

Have a good weekend.

Running Xc Saturday Well if you can call what I do running. 

29/02/2008 at 09:44

Have seen the pictures - very definitley running BM good luck and hope mousie feels better and you slept last night!

Tav
02/03/2008 at 20:32
1:59:58 for the Reading Half for me. Thought I would go faster but I started too far down the field and was just stuck for the first 2 miles, then spent the rest of the race weaving and changing pace. Given that, I was actually pleased with the way I hang on at the end. I even sprinted over the line, at which point my legs nearly gave way! Great experience though and I can't wait for the next!
02/03/2008 at 20:54
Well done Tav.
Tav
03/03/2008 at 08:32
Actually I have to say the chip time was 2:00:02, but I'm still satisfied that I have it pretty much everything.
03/03/2008 at 12:46

1:59:58 was your watch time so go by that -

Well done - next time you won't start so far back will you?  and no pressure my first half was 1:56 but ended up with a 75 minute pb so no pressure - but keep up the good work and you can only get better

Tav
03/03/2008 at 14:46

Well, next time I'm sure I'll still need a wee just as the gun goes off so I'll still probably start too far back! My next half is Bracknell, a much smaller field so hopefully there will not be so many problems with overtaking. Also there won't be so much waiting around at the start.

If I got anywhere near a 75 minute PB I'd start asking my wife what she puts in my sandwiches! I'd be happy getting down to 1:45 ish eventually. I think I'll start some interval training before Bracknell, perhaps that will help with speed. Right now though I have to deal with a pain behind by right knee - obviously my warm-up and stretching regime needs work for race days. Other than that I feel tired but OK - the aches will start tomorrow I guess. Also I didn't expect to get any chafing on my legs, I guess race days are not quite like training!

Tav
05/03/2008 at 11:11
and welcome Jackie!
05/03/2008 at 15:30
Very quiet on here at the moment - where is tweety etc
05/03/2008 at 15:43

Hi thanks for all your replies (I've changed my name from Jackie in case you were wondering!!!)

Hope ur all well - just in from work - going to go out later for a few miles - did 3 or 4 last night and enjoyed it which was good cos I've been struggling recently!!!

Is anyone doing the Great Manchester Run this year - it'll be my third - did it in 1hr 1 min both times so I'm trying to break the 1 hour barrier!!! (Told you I was just a shuffler!!!) Mind you I was pregnant the first time (didn't know at the time!!) and lost my dad last year so not on top form. WILL beat my times this year I'm determined!!!

06/03/2008 at 14:01

suedehead was a book in the 70s I think!!

I'm sure that you will smash that time in the Gt Run arfter all no longer pregnant and doing quite a lot of training by the sound of it. 

06/03/2008 at 15:42
I know its sad but suedehead is an album by Morrissey!!!!
07/03/2008 at 07:46
Oh I remember that one now - Grendel is a song by Marrillion!!
07/03/2008 at 07:46

Oh and the monster in thre old english poem Beowulf

old being around 800 ad -

07/03/2008 at 20:24
Evening folks!
08/03/2008 at 12:23

Hello everyone.

Well done Tav.  Hello Suedehead.  Hi BD and Grendel. 

Sorry I don't seem to be able to keep on top of posting, getting the kitchen sorted, running, laundry, stopping Mouselet from killing herself, stopping the dog from killing itself.  Cooking, ironing, cleaning, finding temp homes for the stuff (yet again moved from the kitchen).  Trying not to Kill Oh as he has lost the lease agreement for the car yet again just before it goes back, so yet again it is my fault    Got the cheque from the Dog's insurance today so thats a help. £70 excess to pay.  Someone told me Halifax only charge £50 and her cover would be cheaper so as soon as I get a minute I am going to investigate.    She can now walk, and chase a Jack Russell around the garden (someone kicked a few railings in at the back fence).   OH had to sort it out last week.  So she can't get out and Jack Russell can't get in.  If it has any sense it won't come back.  After its fourth lap with Lucy hard on its heels I think it was near exhaustion.   Oh and trying to keep my Mum happy (impossible task at the minute as I seem to be stuck in the house getting boilers fixed and waiting for things to be delivered, if its not winds gusting up to 80 miles an hour) 

The kitchen has been delivered yesterday.  I now have to stop Mousey from trying to climb on everything and jump off.  Still its getting fitted next week.  I will have a kitchen at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I dunno if I should be excited or nervous

HAve entered the Blaydon race. 

XC  over for this year.  Have cleaned up and packed my spikes away.  Am looking forward to this years season. 

Oh and I think I am getting a bout of cystitis.  Apart from that everything fine. 

Am off to do something creative for lunch and tackle all the rest of the jobs OH left for me.    (snigger) 

10/03/2008 at 11:56
after nearly 3 years the installation of the kitchen has started.  I dunno if I want to laugh or cry.  Cry probably as my email not working!!!  I have no sink and no water but hey, by the end of the week I may have a kitchen instead of cardboard boxes
10/03/2008 at 19:20

I hope it is going to get well used, when it is done.

I need to do ours.

We moved into this house 22 years ago. I constructed our kitchen soon after moving in, but it is now falling apart. This is partly due to normal wear and tear, but that has accelerated recently due to Luke's carers, and also because of the work done to modify the house a few years ago to make it more wheelchair friendly.

10/03/2008 at 21:20

It is BD, I can't wait to dig out the cookery books and do some baking!!!!  We have water again, but no sink.  I now have to go boil the kettle to wash up.  I miss the dishwasher. 

Went out for a run at lunchtime, then got back and thought I need to get washed.  No water - oops.  Had to dash down MIL's and grab a shower.  Bearing in mind OH needed the car to get to work at 3.20 and Molly's car seat tried to pack up.  I had to literally brace both feet on the seat and pull the strap.  It went clunk and worked!  Will probably be knackered tomorrow!!  Got home with seconds to spare.  Talk about ships that pass.. 

1,801 to 1,820 of 2,016 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.