Port Talbot harriers

47,021 to 47,040 of 49,849 messages
25/03/2013 at 09:14

Morning all. Nice to see the sun after a bitterly cold weekend.

Well done on the excellent running over the weekend & for braving the elements (JD, MM61, Griff & NR!)

JD - good news about the parkrun. I'm hoping for sub 21:30  on Saturday...does the route have PB potential? (if you prefer trails and mud to road?)

Was meant to do my longer training run yesterday but pigged out at sunday lunch (we only have a roast dinner 4 times a year) & I only managed 5   Still got some residual calf soreness so am being cautious in this cold weather.

MM61 - hope the weather improves for you soon. It it always bad up Merthyr. Shame the race had to be postponed. Teifi is a good run though - good luck for that.

25/03/2013 at 10:46
LTS roast dinner that's funny hope your calf is OK its niggle time as they say lol.
25/03/2013 at 13:16
Hi all mm61 did you do your long run on taff trail Sunday.did must of my long run on it and very surprised why they called San dom off.not a bit of snow or ice on course.do you know when its being run.nr where about in merthyr where you from.just catching up on posts and seen it.
25/03/2013 at 14:20

AFTERNOON ALL

well its official the sd 20miles is not going to be rescheduled you won't get a refund which i think is fair enough but what i find unexceptable is they won't carry your entry forward to next year,why not they got your money so why should pay again next year
which means you coughed up £34 for 1 race

P1 no i did my long run down in neath,the race was cancelled has they had to make the decision sat morning when there was snow everywhere

25/03/2013 at 14:39

Powell, MM61 - such a shame they cancelled the race. I know they have to do what is best and think of everyone's safety.....I guess they thought best be safe than sorry, especially in this claim culture we unfortunately live in.....but it is very unfair they wont carry the entry foward to next year. They should definitely not be making you pay again for next year. I would vote with your feet and do a 20 mile training run instead next year (or a good half and add on the mileage!) We should do a PTH club 20 miler end of March next year. I might suggest that to the committee.

I'd like people's opinions on something...I feel quite tired physically (mentally bright as a button) my body is telling me rest, but I would like to run later...is there any benefit in doing an easy 3-4 miler just to keep the legs ticking over when you are tired, or is it best to rest up totally? (I've been a right pig with cake again today too!) I have a 6 miler planned for tomorrow, speedwork weds, 8 miles thurs and rest friday, parkrun race (5K sat)....any ideas? cheers.

Have a lovely evening all. sorry for long post.

25/03/2013 at 14:49

LTS don't look like this weather is going to changeonly 4 roast dinners a yr how come i have atleast 3 a week

25/03/2013 at 15:58
My wife can't cook won't cook =3 roast dinners a year lol
25/03/2013 at 16:15
Thank God for McDonalds in my house.just finished my 10 miler very cold to start with and can't say it warmed up.think its not right they can't carry the entry over till next year.or why can't they run it this week end have they said why not
25/03/2013 at 18:56

P1 they reserficing the taff trail and its to close to london also college not available but as you say defere to next yr 400 entries £17 each for a non event is alot of coins grr!!!!

25/03/2013 at 20:33
But you will get a tech shirt
25/03/2013 at 20:33
http://www.sandomenico.org.uk/index.php/forum/4-general-discussion-area/6695-san-domenico-20-sunday-24th-march-2013-10-00-frequently-asked-questions?start=12#8629
25/03/2013 at 22:21

Evening all

Shame about SAn Dom.

LTS - go for a run.  You will soon feel full of life.  I often feel tired after a day sitting behind a computer all day.  A run brings me back to life.

I love cooking and cooked everything under the sun when I was married.  Still cook everything but don't bother with roast dinner so much as its only me.

Weather looks good for Easter

26/03/2013 at 10:23

Morning all.

NR - that's good to hear! The forecast has now changed so it is going to be dry with sunny spells for the next 8 days, though remaining cold. I did a 5 mile walk in Penllergaer yesterday - we had the woods to ourselves. Legs feel fresher today.

My car conked out this morning & I got locked out of my office and hit by a car door at the petrol station, got a few papercuts from filing too....funny how some days go like this.

JD - how did you get on at the 10k sunday?

MM61 - any progress with getting a refund from san dom? Is Teifi Easter sunday?

26/03/2013 at 11:29
LTS you haven't smashed a mirror by any chance,better luck for the rest of the day,we'll it can get any worse I suppose.
26/03/2013 at 17:22

AFTERNOON ALL

JD i don't need the tech shirt as i got 20 or more of them alreadyi just want to run the race

LTS thats some adventure that as for san dom i don't want a refund i would want to carry my fee over to next yr i can't see how thats too much to ask,what do you think

NR update on my knee it hurts when i poke the inside ,but it settles down very quick so as vlm is nearly here going to get through that then give it some tlc but will get in touch with paul soon but he's very busy

7 miles done 51 mins pretty baltic out

26/03/2013 at 21:10

Evening all

LTS - take a day off work and do not venture outside!!

MM61 - glad to hear your knee isn't stopping you running. 

How's the taper going GN?

Smoked mackerel, jacket potato and salad

26/03/2013 at 21:17
Ok i think NR cutting back nicely,haven't done it before so lm flying off the cuff a bit lol ????
27/03/2013 at 07:22

Morning all

GN - you have had a steady structured approach.  I am sure you will be fine.

27/03/2013 at 08:29

Morning. Lovely day - just wish it was a bit warmer.

NR - I feel my luck changing. Got home to find Father in law had fixed the car & gone down to get the replacement battery. just owe him £42

Griff, MM61 you will both be fine for the marathon, you've already put the hard work in & both have a very sensible approach as Nutty says.

MM61 - will you rest a bit after VLM to give the knee a chance to recover?

Ran 8 miles yesterday, hoping for similar today. Sunshine forecast for next 8 days, makes it a joy to go outside 

Have a good day all.

27/03/2013 at 11:12
NR LTS thanks for the encouraging words cheers it all helps,I'm off out at 12 for a quite 8 miler just come off nights off til Saturday speak later guys
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.