"pose" running

21 to 22 of 22 messages
20/12/2011 at 11:18
I agree with the not changing your natural stride. As it happens 'm a forefoot striker but run mostly half-marathon and marathon distances where I'm told being a heel striker is better. I don't feel inclined to change though because running how I run seems normal to me. However I do make sure I've got the right shoes for my gait. And yes, while other runners may have hamstring issues or knee problems, it's always my calves that play up!!
20/12/2011 at 16:47

Ive been out today and ran 2 miles forefoot striking. I'm finding it so uncomfortable I think I will stick to the forefoot style on the steepest hills where I find it very benificial & much less effort.

As for flat & downhill I just find it so unnatural & its giving me serious calf pain. If I sit for more than 5 mins then get up to walk it feels like the calfs have siezed up until I get moving again

Back to heel striking again for majority of my running !!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.