Post run wash

18 messages
NRR
14/03/2009 at 18:10

I used to use Boots own brand Eau de Cologne as a post run sports wash after I developed an allergy to the Portia sports wash. But my local Boots don't stock it anymore. I used to use it when I got to work since we don't have showers there. What does anyone use?

14/03/2009 at 19:21
Er.......
14/03/2009 at 19:36

Try any form of shower gel....?

What's a sports wash anyway?  Is it different?

NRR
14/03/2009 at 20:13
A sports wash is something that doesn't need water.  We do not have a shower at work therefore a self drying sports wash that can be used with a flannel is ideal.  however I have deveolped an allergy to the Portia brand and Boots no longer stock the one I currently use.
cougie    pirate
14/03/2009 at 20:23
Ewww ! I dont think I'd run to work if I couldnt shower. But what about baby wipes ? I have been known to use them after races, but only as a stop gap.
14/03/2009 at 20:33

I've used baby wipes, but they are toxic if you have allergies or sensitive skin use with caution and on nothing sensitive, I use them to remove oil and grease, that's how vicious they are.

cougie    pirate
14/03/2009 at 20:34
Those babies must be made out of pretty tough stuff then ?

Soap removes oil and grease - i dont think thats particularly vicious ?
14/03/2009 at 20:56
NIVEA recently launched (in ASDA - and perhaps elsewhere) a very nice moisturising bodywash for men - had a smell of Dead Sea salts and minerals  - for £1  - I thought it was exceptionally good value
Edited: 14/03/2009 at 21:03
14/03/2009 at 21:30
Especially if you mix it with vodka...
14/03/2009 at 22:10

cougie - must have strange oil and grease where you are - won't touch the oil and grease around here, that's why they invented stuff like jizer and swafega. try cleaning chain lube or engine oil with soap. Doesn't work.

I mean what I say about baby wipes, no way would I use them around babies.

14/03/2009 at 22:23
Jizer
15/03/2009 at 15:15
NRR wrote (see)
A sports wash is something that doesn't need water.  We do not have a shower at work therefore a self drying sports wash that can be used with a flannel is ideal.  however I have deveolped an allergy to the Portia brand and Boots no longer stock the one I currently use.

Sorry - me being thick!  Just noticed your original post mentioned you didn't have showers at work.

I've occasionally used those 'deo wipe' things, but they're probably just as bad as baby wipes!  Nothing else to suggest though - not working right now, but at my last job it was easy for me to get showered after a run before heading to the office.

15/03/2009 at 15:25
I use baby wipes as well. And they have baby wipes for sensitive skin as well. Not as good as a shower but they do a good job

What is wrong with baby wipes
15/03/2009 at 21:11
Lardarse wrote (see)
Especially if you mix it with vodka...

You are a bad ambassador for this forum, no encourager, and frankly no-one I would feel drawn to turn to or listen to as a fellow human being - your posts to me have all been incompetant and insulting 

15/03/2009 at 22:01
15/03/2009 at 22:09
yes you might well screw your face up - there are lots of encouragers here. You seem a bit biased to calling people /labelling people alky's etc and missing the real person.  Compassion, you know, is a valuable gift.  Life will inform you
15/03/2009 at 22:58

You said you had a problem with drink, therefore you are an alky. The same as someone who stands in the road with a round sign on a stick is a lolly pop lady, and i'm short fat bald and ugly, so what? Get over yourself. You come accros as a petulant teenager.

So you've given up drink? Good for you, but do you really think that doing something that normal people do anyway (drink sensibly) is worth a pat on the back? If someone came up to you and said "i'm doing really well, i've eaten breakfast everyday this week" you'd think they were stupid, wouldn't you?

When you do something for someone else, instead of dwelling in your own pity, then i will praise you.

Edited: 15/03/2009 at 22:59
15/03/2009 at 23:23
It's like handbags at dawn on here - wrong time, ladies.  Wait till the morning!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
18 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.