Power walkers...

41 to 60 of 64 messages
13/10/2012 at 21:18
"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?"

How apt.
13/10/2012 at 21:42
Nice quote from someone who lived hundreds of years ago who makes no sense whatsoever.

Is saying how apt after a borrowed quote supposed to make you all clever?

Use " I took the sport out of him" in your own words

No offence
13/10/2012 at 22:07
Keep your skirt on. It was actually nothing to do with you in particular, rather an illustration of how BB was using the word "sport". It's no less valid for being written longer ago than yesterday's Daily Star.

All quotes are borrowed, it's implicit in the word "quote".
14/10/2012 at 07:23
My Skirt is on Mr Puff. Just some good humored Saturday night banter.

If I quoted from something I Had written myself. Would that be a borrowed quote?
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
14/10/2012 at 08:01

Don't be so quick to judge. I am in recovery phase after surgery to replace my left hip joint and under strict orders not to run until Christmas - so I am power-walking with my dog who needs exercise. And so do I.

14/10/2012 at 16:10
Nice one Bionic. Well done. We can rebuild you.
14/10/2012 at 17:49

I think at least one of the sunday magazines is advocating this as an excercise regime- can't remember the exact description, but I did see a freebie magazine fall out of a newspaper a wee while ago- as you say- better then sitting on a fat arse on the sofa, so perhaps we shoudn't sneer- and once they've bought all that running kit, maybe they'll decide to take up running!

14/10/2012 at 23:29
BBH is a girl.
Doner Kebab    pirate
14/10/2012 at 23:42
Tommygun2 wrote (see)

Power Walkers

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZJ8S-nzxGPg/RzxYAn04I5I/AAAAAAAAABI/WX6F9BMdDpo/S254/power+walking+women.jpg

Race Walkers

http://www.sportsister.com/wp-content/uploads2/Getting-started-Race-walking2.png

theres power walkers and theres race walkers and then there is Gladys, leagues ahead of them all

Edited: 14/10/2012 at 23:42
15/10/2012 at 10:19
I can't tell a boy bear from a girl bear. I'm not David bloody Attenborough y'know
seren nos    pirate
15/10/2012 at 10:37
tricialitt wrote (see)

I think at least one of the sunday magazines is advocating this as an excercise regime- can't remember the exact description, but I did see a freebie magazine fall out of a newspaper a wee while ago- as you say- better then sitting on a fat arse on the sofa, so perhaps we shoudn't sneer- and once they've bought all that running kit, maybe they'll decide to take up running!

maybe they have no desire to run.maybe they enjoy the power walking and the fitness it brings.its a different activity........not one that is inferior to running......

15/10/2012 at 12:53
seren nos wrote (see)
tricialitt wrote (see)

maybe they have no desire to run.maybe they enjoy the power walking and the fitness it brings.its a different activity........not one that is inferior to running......

Agree with Seren.

15/10/2012 at 13:44

I can tell a boy bare from a girl bare.

16/10/2012 at 11:32

I've seen a couple of Women waddling around. I don't know why they don't just run to be honest. And, yes, Power Walking is a different activity... that is clearly inferior to Running. hahaha.

10/11/2012 at 19:49

Clearly none of the men amongst you has gone along to watch the Moonwalk (or the Sunwalk), which a/ raises a shedload of cash for charity, and b/ consists of 17,000 women all in their bra's .

If I hadn't power walked 2 marathons, it never would have occurred to me that I was physically capable of running. ( Possibly because I started out weighing the equivalent of two people).

Don't knock it unless you've tried it. My DH is a runner, but power walked a marathon for Macmilan last year. He reckons power walking is harder (at a decent speed) than running.

10/11/2012 at 21:55
What the fuck is a DH?
10/11/2012 at 22:24
Are men allowed to participate in the Moonwalk in a bra?
10/11/2012 at 22:51

"17,000 ford cortinas" brilliant, know exactly what you're saying and thought the same thing

11/11/2012 at 09:45
Tina, don't knock it until you've tried it? I've never eaten horse-shit...
kittenkat    pirate
11/11/2012 at 10:39
Stevie G . wrote (see)

I'm actually surprised to see another definition is "an active pastime, recreation".

So feeding the ducks is sport then.

It is if you're my mother, I had to stop her lobbing cold roast potatoes at them. She though they would like them, I thought they would knock them out.

41 to 60 of 64 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.