Pregnancy

Health

4 messages
03/08/2004 at 10:46
Can anyone tell me if it's ok to run when pregnant.
03/08/2004 at 10:50
most articles I've read seem to suggest that you can if you are already an established runner, and continue your existing regime.

A different thing, though if you are only just thinking of taking it up - mostly I think you are adviced not to start a strenous exercise regime once you are pregnant.

I've always felt far too sick to carry on, though, so I've always had a break when pregnant ;(

think it is largely a personal thing.

have a search of articles on this site, I 'm sure that there has been one recently on pregnancy.
03/08/2004 at 10:53
Thanks for that.
03/08/2004 at 10:54
My sister (regular short distance runner) was strongly advised against it when she was pregnant just over a year ago. But like Trinity says above, if you've been running anyway RW mag suggests that it should be ok to carry on.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.