Problems with my legs towards the end

5 messages
27/01/2014 at 01:33

I used to jog for 45 minutes every night without any problems then all of a sudden my legs (hard to explain the feeling but it is a strange feeling in my legs) started to become stiff/uncoordinated only towards the end of my jog and am unable to continue on, it does not hurt but it is almost impossible to keep going it feels like I lose control of my legs...

I then started going in the morning instead of the night and it stopped doing it which was strange to me, but after a while of jogging 60 minutes every morning it started doing it again, I tried everything, stopping then starting again, going at night and nothing works it always does it.

I recently tried to jog again and now notice after 25-30 minutes it does the same thing to my legs... I have no idea what it could be I tried searching and everything I have no idea what to do!

27/01/2014 at 08:34

Are you running too fast? Do you need new running shoes? Do you warm up before you start?

I would also suggest not running every day, rest days will help your legs to recover.

27/01/2014 at 11:16

Sounds like my legs - went to the doctors on Friday over a separate runing related issue and he listened to what I do and couldn't quite beleive at 54 I was running everyday like I used to do 20/25 years ago and hadn't had a break for nearly  3 years. He very patiently explained that I needed to take at least 2 days off each week to allow my body to recover - Looking back 20 odd years ago, I realise I was over training like mad 70 + miles per week no breaks - the penny has now dropped after all those years - time to freshen those legs up with rest.

27/01/2014 at 21:55

I was thinking maybe its lactic acid affecting my muscles? I dont suffer from pain tough its just like my leg muscles give up, I dont know if lactic acid causes pain or not but I dont feel any pain like I said and I dont get a "burning sensation" like it says I should be feeling if I have a lactic acid build up

Edited: 27/01/2014 at 22:03
28/01/2014 at 22:24
Flob wrote (see)

That bit towards the end is you foot. You have afoot problem. HTHs.

ok what does HTHs mean?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.