Quadriceps Exercises please !

...and anything to strengthen my knees !

7 messages
30/11/2004 at 16:03
Hi,

Id be grateful if somebody could point me in the direction of some simple but efficient stretches / exercises to strengthen the quadriceps and / or knees.

Ideally they can be done at home too without the aid of a £5000 multi-gym. Could probably stretch to a stability ball or elastic band if necassary !!!!

Thanks in advance, Stu
30/11/2004 at 16:05
Ok, bag of shopping around you ankle. Sit on a chair and basically lift the shopping from the knee.
30/11/2004 at 16:25
Buy that man a pint ! Thats the type od straight forward exercise i like - cheers matey ! Ill send the missus out for 12 Grolsch when i get in on the basis I need them as part of my recovery routine!!!!!!!

Stu
30/11/2004 at 16:26
Cycling.
30/11/2004 at 16:30
if you have knee problems you shouldn't be doing quad extensions like that, Jon (or even roper ones on a machine) according to a physio who used to treat me.

He recommended fit-ball squats (ball on wall, back on ball, squat so quads go parallel with floor but knees don't go out further than the toes).
30/11/2004 at 16:34
If it's a weakness... Then yes, you should
30/11/2004 at 16:36
I should expand on that. I had a weak quad that mean the outside top one was pushing my knee cap to track diagonally inwards. To balance things out, I did that very exercise and things were sorted within weeks. I guess it depends on the prob, but that certainly built the strength up.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.