Question to orthotic wearers...

Just got orthotics and have some questions

6 messages
31/07/2012 at 10:21

Hi,

I have got my first pair of orthotics a week ago, they were for over pronation and leg length discrepency and the dreaded plantar fasciitis. I have been wearing for 6 hours a day (desk job) and feel like i am now over compensating, its like I am now supinating but is that just because i am walking in a totally different way?

My legs feel super tired and my shins even feel a bit tight also is this normal in the break in phase?

Cant help but think they are going to be a waste of time, the last thing POD said was "orthotics are not for everyone"

Any views comments would be appreciated, I feel like they are not doing me any good and I am a bit disappointed to say the least. I got them when I was in the UK (expat) and cannot get back to have any adjustments made so I either stick with them as they are or give them up. Feel tightness round my outer knee as I type this also.

Thanks

PS: I havent ran in them yet, intend to wait a while yet as the gold ball like lumps on my arches need to feel better before I would even consider it.

01/08/2012 at 06:26

Bump.

02/08/2012 at 08:29

Bump..

02/08/2012 at 12:57

Hi I've just started wearing mine and I went about it the other way - running in them only and I've not had any problems luckily enough. Mine are off the shelf jobs and my issues might not be the same as yours (I have a report which I am yet to decipher and understand!).

This is my first post on here and I am by no means an expert but thought you might be interested in my short experience, best of luck.

03/08/2012 at 14:40
Can't really advise on line as everyone has them for different reasons! I've had mine for so long that I can't remember how they first felt! You will be aching in different places as your gait has changed
10/08/2012 at 21:04
Hi both my wife and I wear orthotics. I suffered with tibial tendinitis and mrs ringo suffered for 2 years or do with plantar fasciitis. Both problems resolved quickly. I wouldn't run without them. I did find I had to take out a lot of the padding that asics put in there shoes. The orthotics were also expensive and measurements were taken with a laser scanner. I do suffer a bit with patellar maltracking,probably not related as I run a half or a marathon a month

Good luck with them

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.