Race Fit

How do you stay race fit

4 messages
10/06/2009 at 19:56

Hi all

Having trained hard for weeks building up to a 10k race at the weekend how do you stay race fit without burning out while hopefully inproving for your next race.My next race is 8 days away with one each month untill August,and then the training begins for two halfs in the early Autumn.

Any advice welcome...........Baggy 

10/06/2009 at 20:48
you cant, you can have a base fitness, but you need to pick and choose which races are important and focus training around these.
11/06/2009 at 16:24
Does anyone have any data on the difference between a trained/peak 10k (or other distance) time and a base level fitness 10k time?
11/06/2009 at 22:09

when im at base training i can run 10k in 29.30 to 30 mins but when i decided on a race and choose to race it hard i look to run in the 28 minutes.  this depends on course and time of year and number of athletes in a race  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.