Race T-shirts

Disposal of Race T-shirts

1 to 20 of 24 messages
03/06/2003 at 22:16
My bottom draw is now so full of race t-shirts that it fails to close properly. Unfortunatley I do not have the heart to throw them into the dustbin and feel that a good portion of them should go to good home. Does anyone have any bright ideas as to who I can bestow them upon?
03/06/2003 at 22:40
teatowels / car shining rags?
03/06/2003 at 23:25
You could take them in a plackie bag to the clothing bank if you really don't want them anymore! I still worship all of mine.Apart fm a hideous one I acquired last Fri which my son was happy to inherit
04/06/2003 at 08:35
I don't like the idea of car shining rags, as the T-shirts are in pretty good condition and I am sure that someone less fortunate could benefit from them. The clothing bank sounds like a good option, where do they go once a "deposit" has been made?
04/06/2003 at 08:37
Probably varies from place to place. How about charity shops?
04/06/2003 at 08:37
You could always take them to your local charity shop
04/06/2003 at 09:06
Don't put them in clothing banks in supermarket carparks. The majority of the clothing banks shred the fabric deposited and the proceeds of the material made is much less than the charity would receive if they sold the clothes as they were. Take them directly to the shop unless they are too old and shabby to be attractive to anyone else.
04/06/2003 at 09:51
I give mine to my children to wear as nightshirts.
04/06/2003 at 09:57
Thats what my husband does the youngest 2 are twins and they love their 2 Bath 1/2 shirts
04/06/2003 at 09:57
Great for decorating in or any other dirty household job that would otherwise spoil your good gear! I wear old trainers for painting and gardening and stuff!

Bollox! I never do any of the above really but it sounds very domesticated doesn't it!
Roz
04/06/2003 at 10:06
I give them to a friend at work who takes them to her children's nursery. They are used when they are doing painting or any other messy pastime!
04/06/2003 at 14:23
I hate DIY with a vegence and do my upmost to employ somebody else for those types of activities. Whats more I would still have the t-shirts occupying space in one of my drawers.

My two kids are aged three and one, so would be lost in any of my Bath Half t-shirts (four of them).

Roz's idea of sending them to the kids nursery for their painting activities is a great idea and one that I will follow up on.

Many thanks.
04/06/2003 at 20:20
Do they really shred them fm supermarket carparks? I've put reasonable stuff in there for rehoming. Wouldn't have if I'd thought that was the outcome
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
04/06/2003 at 20:25
I wear my mine! When they are reasonably new, I just wear 'em. When they're older I train in them or sleep in them. When they aren't fit for that any more, they become dusters,cleaning cloths, etc.
04/06/2003 at 21:59
I get a size bigger than I would wear and give them to hubby to wear for work.
05/06/2003 at 13:13
I've only got one, from the Stickler. It says Mak the Dog on it too!
I usually let my human running friend wear it.
He's got lots, going through various stages from pristine to dusters.

Blotts' mate and Ironwolf. Do you think we should start a "Running Dog's only" thread?
05/06/2003 at 13:37
I only have one at the moment, but I guess I'll probably use it for training in.

It was from last year's Race for Life, but I haven't worn it to date. I think I'm subconsciously trying to preserve it, but now I have a new one for this year's race, so I guess that's silly really.

I should start wearing them. I do have one rule though - if the t-shirt arrives before the race it doesn't get worn for the first time until race day! (Discounting actually trying it on, of course).
05/06/2003 at 18:19
Minkin,
The scale of my problem is that I have over thirty of them!!! Even wearing them for training means that I have an over excessive amount. I guess that I could throw one away rather than washing it after a training run, but that is a tad wastefull.

I am now waiting for a response from my childrens nursery to see if they can make good use of them for arts and crafts, as per Roz's suggestion.
05/06/2003 at 22:43
Hi Mac the dog!

Good idea.You look like a nice dog.Are you a lunatic too?

love fm Blott

05/06/2003 at 22:45
Wrinty, iron them flat, fold them & store them. Then when you're old & decrepid & can't even manage the stairs you can get them all out & bring back the memories of the energy you had to earn all those splendid t shirts.
1 to 20 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.