Race T shirts

general opinions please

41 to 43 of 43 messages
04/05/2011 at 13:29

Cotton is wicking.

It is one of the most wicking fabrics there is.

Tech fabrics do not wick - though most people think it's the other way around.

Cotton is also one of the most breathable fabrics there is.

Wicking is the fabrics ability to absorb moisture. Cotton does it better than most other fabrics. What it also does is hang onto the moisture.

Tech fabrics do not absorb moisture, they are woven fine enough with big enough gaps in the weaving to allow moisture to pass through.

Most cotton T's around probably only cost £1 max to produce - I was buying mine at 99p each and they weren't the cheapest. This is the sort iof quality of T that you'd get as a race T.

04/05/2011 at 13:52

Heavy, tight around neck / too much plastic = bad

Cheap, thin, baggy = good

My fave ones are the ones that go nicely under a long top in the winter. They look the crappiest, but are the most useful.

04/05/2011 at 17:49

My biggest issue I have with the t-shirts is they always seem to be misshaped seconds....
the VLM T-Shirt this year would be perfect for someone weight 15 stone with a long torso short arms.... damn thing looks like a dress on me.

The t-shirts always seem to have really weird proportions and look terrible because of it, although it could be me with the weird proportions.

Only decent fitting t-shirt I have got from an event is the grim challenge one.

Edited: 04/05/2011 at 17:50

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.