Random sights

things you see when out for a run..

81 to 100 of 139 messages
29/12/2011 at 16:10
A wig, what if it had been a man who fell down a very narrow hole, you should have checked
29/12/2011 at 16:11
Also why is it when you're out anywhere (not always running) that you always tend to see just one discarded shoe? always puzzled me that, I don't know of anyone who ever came home minus a shoe
29/12/2011 at 19:07
Was running last summer along the smallish cliffs local to me when I heard something going on down at the beach, looked over the edge and it was an Army Hovercraft coming up the shore, before reversing back into the sea, it did this a few times. That's probably the weirdest running moment for me this year.
Edited: 29/12/2011 at 19:08
29/12/2011 at 19:51
EG: Nah no narrow holes or drains near where wig was, I was looking for  a bald runner though
30/12/2011 at 09:35

Good one at 7.15am this morning

Somebody was up and out cleaning their window. It was still dark.

Okay so I was walking the  dog, but I 'm a morning runner, so it could easily have been when coming back from a  run !

Edited: 30/12/2011 at 09:35
03/01/2012 at 15:21

Bet it's tricky keeping a wig on in this weather!

As for window cleaning in the dark - I wonder if they came back later and noticed lots of streaks? Or maybe it's more efficient as they show up better in the glow from indoors?  Who knows! I'm going to ask our window cleaner when I see him - he already thinks I'm nuts anyway!

Nothing too exciting to report for me over Christmas except a lone half sandwich (completely untouched) by the side of the road at the summit of a Yorkshire Wold!

03/01/2012 at 19:21
Have seen a bloke on a unicycle on a track on Dartmoor. I'd spotted him before from a distance but this time was up close and personal. And a barn owl.
03/01/2012 at 19:48
Often see two llamas in a local farm when out !
03/01/2012 at 20:05
You know what I remember seeing a bloke on a unicycle in Runcorn on the path towards Widnes just after the bridge, and I think my ambition is to now become a random sight, this is more interesting than running
03/01/2012 at 21:04
A roman legionnaire, a local "character" walks the roads dressed as one for some reason .
04/01/2012 at 18:58

Running cross country near a golf course in saltash, cornwall when i was 8 with my mum we were stopped dead in our tracks when what can only be described as a black puma/panther stopped in the middle of the track to stare at us before casually continuing on his/her travels. If camera phones had been invented by then it would have been my uni fee's paid for we were that close. So glad my mum was with me just so i dont think i was hallucinating. 16 years on still no one believes us.

05/01/2012 at 09:30

Not sure which of the last two would worry me the most LOL. And wonder if the above mentioned unicyclist  was the same unicyclist on a long distance north-south ride??

Will be watching this thread for sightings of EG!

05/01/2012 at 09:34

I ran past the premier of Iron Lady just as Meryl Streep was arriving last night!

I'm not sure who was more weirded out - me by the huge scrum of papps or them by the sight of a very confused and windswept runner going past

gingerfurball    pirate
05/01/2012 at 12:42
Not running but when we were on holidays is Spain once MrGFB was out a bike ride and an eagle flew over head and dropped a live snake in his path! *quick swerve*
05/01/2012 at 14:21

A naked man trying to hide in shrubbery.

2 running male model types with matching dogs.  (Black and white dogs and men.)

05/01/2012 at 14:21

C45 - better check the dailies then- you could be famous

GFB - hee hee hee - brilliant (though only cos you/he both lived to tell the tale)!

06/01/2012 at 06:37
Usually see an owl when out in morning.
06/01/2012 at 09:57

BM- Coool - I love owls! Amazing birds.  Heard my first woodpecker of the year this morning - hammering away!

RS - were they wearing matching kit too?  Hope the naked chap wasn't too far from home?  Remnant of a stag do perhaps? Why else be naked in a shrubbery - probably best not to dwell on that one....

06/01/2012 at 10:21
EG Graham wrote (see)
Also why is it when you're out anywhere (not always running) that you always tend to see just one discarded shoe? always puzzled me that, I don't know of anyone who ever came home minus a shoe

I know a chap who went home from a night out with one shoe missing - he was very, very drunk at the time.  He can't remember how or where he lost it.

Iron Pingu    pirate
06/01/2012 at 10:39
I've come home with one shoe after a drunken night out
81 to 100 of 139 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.