I've come home with one shoe after a drunken night out

we expect nothing less from you!

07/01/2012 at 09:35

3 Budweiser bottles in a row this morning

Opened and I assume empty...

07/01/2012 at 13:01
were they hanging on a wall birkmyre?
07/01/2012 at 13:15
Sleepy: Nah lying on the grass. Not got same lyrical effect !
07/01/2012 at 13:35

I was on an evening run a couple of months ago when a fox jumped out of a hedge right in front of me!

We both looked at each other in surprise for a second, then the fox ran off in one direction and me in the other!

07/01/2012 at 20:08

Couple of years ago, I was out at 5:30am running and ran past a horse that had got out of its field and was happily eating flowers in a garden

Okay so I'm a  morning runner

07/01/2012 at 21:44

I have to confess to a lost shoe once too - a red sling back, size 5, if anyone comes across it.  Somehow lost it on the way back to the B&B from a wedding in the Pennines- loved those shoes too! Kept the other one for ages in the hope that it would magically reappear! 

Iron Pingu    pirate
07/01/2012 at 23:24
M.r Zuvai wrote (see)
Iron Pingu wrote (see)
I've come home with one shoe after a drunken night out

we expect nothing less from you!

I think that was the night I dropped my phone down the loo too ...

Sleepy Bear, mine were my fav shoes too!

08/01/2012 at 12:35
My Friend lost a shoe on a night out - she and he boyfriend had snuck off to the men's loos to get it on, and she'd had to remove a shoe go get one leg our of her jeans. When they'd finished they realized someone had stolen the other shoe! ..... Which also
means someone had realized what was going on in there too!
08/01/2012 at 13:31
I've come across a bagpiper in the middle of Windsor Great Park, and also another one in a camper van parked on a quiet country road outside a local country park.
08/01/2012 at 15:33

Well, that explains the missing shoe mystery, so if we were to take this information and use it, it could say that runners in general are morning people, who turn lightweight and lose  theirshoes when do they venture out in anything other than trainers and shorts.

And Sleepy bear, my ambition to be the random sight is going further away, with bag-pipes and animals it's a tall order.

08/01/2012 at 21:29

So glad I spotted this thread as the other week I was running through an industrial estate when I passed a woman running towards me and she was wearing a welding mask. It was flipped up and I can only imagine it was her weird idea of a sunvisor?

Also during the south downs marathon last year a group of us reached the top of one the hills only to find a naked hiker complete with rucksack and hiking boots.

09/01/2012 at 15:05
Not exactly a sight but the weirdest thing I've ever been asked on a run is 'Do you have a lighter?' !!!! I had headphones in aswell......seriously!
09/01/2012 at 15:28
Rosie Gaskell wrote (see)
Not exactly a sight but the weirdest thing I've ever been asked on a run is 'Do you have a lighter?' !!!! I had headphones in aswell......seriously!

be careful.

they probably said "are you a fighter?"

09/01/2012 at 16:19

Shame they didn't ask the welding lady - she could have loaned them her torchy thingy wotsit!

Catalin - romance is not dead then!

smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

BOTF - was he playing inside the camper van? Now that is weird -  not a lot of room either I would have thought!

EG -  am disappointed!   May I suggest wearing an owl/llama costume whilst riding a unicycle!

smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Edited: 09/01/2012 at 16:24
10/01/2012 at 12:36
Hello everyone, first post! Slightly off topic but there must be something about the way I run because I'm always getting shouted at or having stuff lobbed at me for some reason (although it could just be that I run in Essex?). I've had chips, eggs and milkshakes amongst other things and been called almost everything when I've been out and about. Anyway a few months ago I had one to top the lot, a large red van crept up behind me and just as it drew level the passenger blew a massive great airhorn at me from point blank range and then sped off. When the ringing in my ears had stopped I have to admit I did give me a chuckle for the remaining few miles. Why they were driving around with an airhorn I have no idea.
10/01/2012 at 13:51
Sadly it's not uncommon, although an airhorn is a little extreme - there are several threads on here about the morons who think it's funny to try to disrupt or abuse runners. But then they have little else do do betwen picking up their dole cheques, drinking the next beer and getting the next girl pregnant (or getting pregnant).
15/01/2012 at 15:57

Nothing exciting to report this week - looks like my world has returned to normal! Though I did smile at a field full of sheep all stood/laid with their backs to me so that they looked like half snowmen in the frost. Couldn't see their legs but then they were half way across the field and facing into the sun.

Not sure it's totally fair to start stacking sheep up to see if they do look like snowmen if you put two together 

15/01/2012 at 16:16

Yesterday I narrowly avoided seeing a fox on the beach in Brighton. It was spotted by my friend who had run ahead.

I did see half a dozen people in chef aprons standing in a boat holding platters of food. They were being photographed from the Brighton food festival. WIll have to look out for the pictures and see if there are any runners in the background!

I think sheep stacking is a good idea Sleepybear. You could start a sheep circus if they were good at balancing on each other. 

101 to 120 of 139 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.