Random Winner

4 messages
14/04/2003 at 15:38
Anyone ever had a window popping up saying you are a random winner when surfing on RunnersWorld? I just got it and it says I am visitor number 98127435 and I should call a number 0800xxxxxxx in 3 minutes to claim a £1001 price. Does this have somethink to do with RW or is it just in the internet cafe I am sitting in today? I don't have my phone with me, so haveI escaped a hoax or did I miss the big possibility?
14/04/2003 at 15:43
It's just a con though advertisers - you get them on most commercial sites. Never click on one ever.
14/04/2003 at 15:46
Lars, are you running Microsoft Instant Messenger?

That popup isn't anything to do with us, I'm glad to say
14/04/2003 at 15:56
I don't know what I am running since I don't have any influence on the system here. My computer at work is to far away today so I went to the internet cafe around the corner. I havn't called so no harm done.

Unfortunately I missed you yesterday. You must have overtaken me with a big group, but when I asked some of them they didn't know if they were following a pacer or not. Still had a nice day.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.