recommedations for a running club ...

Any recommendations or other information welcome!

2 messages
15/02/2009 at 23:23

Anyone have any thoughts on a suitable running club I could join? I'm web savvy but the searching I've done is inconclusive.

I'm a 40+ runner who's been running for about 3 years. I've been running 10k's and the odd 5k.I'm really hoping that I can get a sub 40 minute 10K in before I get too old! [And of course a sub 20 minute 5k whilst I'm at it!

I'd like to join a running club to have motivated company and to have track time. I actually live very close to Crystal Palace running track/stadium but don't know how to get to actually run there ...

Also I'm quite competitive. As I think everyone does I've been considering upping my distances to 1/2 marathon and maybe even full marathon over the next few years ... BUT I think that my physique may actually be suited to shorter distances (at which I could possibly be more competitive) ... So again a running club where I could get some informed advice would be useful.

Any thoughts, opinions, information, web sites etc ?

Thanks

Edited: 15/02/2009 at 23:30
16/02/2009 at 01:44
Try www.dulwichparkrunners.com, they are just up the road from you, never been a member but when i lived in Palace this appeared to be the main club.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.