Recommended running pushchair

11 messages
01/03/2012 at 13:38
Afternoon all

I would like to get a 2nd push chair so I can take my baby out running with me, are there any that are highly recommended (or highly recommended to avoid!).

I'm hoping to get one 2nd hand one on ebay, as it'll only be used once or twice a week. Not too fussed if it folds up or not, although I guess that could be a bonus.

I think there is an article on runners world, but I'm no longer a subscriber.

Thanks

Murdoch
01/03/2012 at 14:25
I used a Baby Jogger with my little boy, from around nine months to three+, he loved it, it really allowed us to get out together and I even trained for a marathon with it. I got mine on Freecycle, would you believe, so didn't pay a penny, they do come up on Ebay but tend to hold their value because they are often not well used.

Enjoy!
01/03/2012 at 14:49

+1 for Baby Jogger, used from 6 months to about the same time as AP above.  I bought mine new but did sell on Ebay and yes, it did hold its value.

Wow AP, that was a find on freecycle

01/03/2012 at 21:13
Babyjogger are the dog's dangly bits of running buggies but I make do with a Quinny Speedi. It's not as good but doesn't cost as much.

Make sure you find the right Babyjogger as some of them are just everyday buggies, not designed for running.
07/03/2012 at 12:59
Cheers everyone

Seems like the Baby Jogger is the preferred choice on here.

What model(s) is/are suitable for running?
07/03/2012 at 14:04
Another Baby Jogger fan here ... I used to run with no. 1 child our old Mountain Buggy Terrain, did the job, bit heavy going though. Managed to find a fairly ancient BJogger on ebay for £50 when no. 2 child came along - was a mark II model so very basic but oh boy did it make a difference. Also know of others who've run with the Quinny speedi and also the Out and About Nipper ... good luck.  Make sure the handle height is OK though - running with child in buggy is great but can bu**er your back if you get that wrong!
08/03/2012 at 07:16

Another +1 for the BabyJogger (Mk II).

27/07/2012 at 15:12

Hi,

I would like a running push chair that I can start using from about 1 month old.  Can anyone recommend anything, as Baby Joggers are recommended from 12 months.  Thanks, Sam

27/07/2012 at 15:35

Most running pushchairs, Baby Joggers included recommend that the baby must have good control of their head muscles.

The babyjogger site recommends  use from 6 months on roads and 12 months on trails if that's any use....

28/07/2012 at 21:49
I've only just started to creep back into run/walking so can't say what it's like if your capable of getting speed up but I've got a Jane slalom pro which handles beautifully. The seat apparently reclines enough to use from birth so if you used one of those head support thingies that would probably be ok. Usually loads on eBay I think.
12/10/2012 at 20:53

I love sausages. So I might buy a baby jogger.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.