Retching in Races

21 to 31 of 31 messages
04/07/2010 at 19:01

Yep - I don't much like the second half of the course, but it's my local half, and was my first race - this'll be my 9th in a row!

It's always very well organised (last years 10k blip aside!!) and is the Bucks champs race of course. The start and finish on the Rye gives it a bit of a 'big' race feel as well...

04/07/2010 at 19:11

9th in a row, excellent....started at the same time as me then...2002. I did 5 in a row then injury and illness ruined my 2007. Then the 10k came in the next 2 years, and having a football tournament the day before ruled the half out...otherwise this year would be my 9th too!

As it is, barring ridiculous weather I think it's time for me to do the half. Last year's 10k's screw up doesn't make me want to do that one again either

I won a low key 5k the other week which also had a 10k on at the same time, and the amount of stick I've taken over running the "kids race" has been unreal...therefore half marathon methinks!

almost hitting the 10k pb again eh!! Maybe you need me in the race to help push you along

Edited: 04/07/2010 at 19:12
04/07/2010 at 20:27

I'll certainly need something or someone to push me on up the long drag up Boundary Road and Kingsmead in the last half of Wycombe!

I've got another 10k the Tuesday before Wycombe- the 3rd of the Queen Mother Reservoir series. A bit of an odd one as although it's dead flat it's a gravel/grass track surface,but barring gale force winds again I'm going to do my best to break through 37 after missing it at Thame and Risborough

04/07/2010 at 20:33

ahh I've got as 5k that night, so it sounds like we have plenty of racing going ahead

just seen the front runners times of the 5k i got 6th in 17:10 in. 1630s for the front 3!! I've been told it was definitely a full 5k, so I suppose it shows what can happen if you get in a race and push each other on! I had one like that last year where i got a 17:23 which was at least 14 secs ahead of all my other series 5ks!

Therefore, see if you can cling onto a high 35/36min man!

Ran a 14miler including the wycombe  half route today, was quite pleasant in 1hour 43, I'm not sure what pace is on for 2 weeks time though, last time I ran it I did a high 1hr 28, what time are you looking for?

Edited: 04/07/2010 at 20:34
04/07/2010 at 22:19
I am doing that race too QMR on 13th, my club race, the turnout on the first two was rather poor so have to make up the numbers. I said that I was doing it with some confidence but I am injured at the moment and looking for any good physio to check out the problem so may not be there after all. The route is quite boring but seems longer than 5k that lap, quite a nice view onto Windsor Castle.
06/07/2010 at 20:00

I'll see you there then acdcgirl. I really like the course - very unusual and as you say the views across the wide open plains to the backdrop of Windsor Castle silhouetted against the sunset are pretty nice - especially from the yacht club lounge with a beer in your hand afterward !! Not sure about the surface of the track mind - gets you swapping lines all the time.

Stevie G - pretty quick 5k times there - way ahead of mine!  I did Wycombe in just under 1.23 last year in nice cool conditions... not sure what to expect this year, as although my shorter races are turning out quicker my knees are playing up some I'm not doing much longer road work.

06/07/2010 at 20:13
Sorry but I won't see you on the 13th, I've just seen physio and I am out of action for a month at least, that takes care of this race and that half marathon I was planning on doing. Tough but at least I will have to learn to swim now as have to do stuff in pool.
06/07/2010 at 21:33

Bus boy, My Wycombe best stands at a pedestrian 1hr 28 42 from years back! So should be smashing that! Just not getting close to the 1hr 19 at Wokingham!

Doing the Wycombe route this Thursday evening in training if you fancied joining me, injury and work permitting for you? Pretty much the same course apart from running up Marlow hill rather than through the abbey of course..it being a private school's grounds an all!

otherwise, see you in a mere12 days now! It'll be my second  race as a 29 year old with the bday being the 12th and a 5k the next day!

08/07/2010 at 22:39

Hi Stevie G - only just seen your message (can't log on to the forum at work...) hope you had a good run round the course! I wouldn't have been able to do it in anyway though - school concert tonight!  Just as well - that course once a year is bad enough

Happy birthday for Monday!

bad news acdcgirl - hope you're back in action soon as...

09/07/2010 at 10:42
Christian Louboutin replica shoes are also the same kind of wonderfully designed <A href="http://www.b2bsharing.com/christian-louboutin-shoes-c-4463.html"><strong>womens high heel shoes</strong></A> fabulous pieces that are made from the best of materials that come your way.<A href="http://www.b2bsharing.com/christian-louboutin-shoes-c-4463.html"><strong> ladies high heel shoes</strong></A> You will be able to have this cutting edge of revival of fashion at your best bargains in the market,<A href="http://www.b2bsharing.com/christian-louboutin-shoes-c-4463.html"><strong> high heel shoes</strong></A> Christian louboutin–The Oscar Shoes <A href="http://www.b2bsharing.com/christian-louboutin-shoes-c-4463.html"><strong>black high heel shoes</strong></A> ,Christian Louboutin for sale, but you are also getting the same luxurious comfort as that of the originals.
09/07/2010 at 15:14
pillock

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.