Return of the runner

tight calf and great north run

1 message
11/07/2004 at 01:15
i have begun training for the great north run and come out of running retirement to do so.I am 34 years of age,11 stone and generally fit.my pb for a half is 1hr 32 and i am doing the gt north for charity.i started last week and have gone from no running t5 days of 30 mins trots in the last week.i feel fine with plenty left in the tank and not even out of breath but my right calf is a bit tight tonight.it did not give me problems when i was running but do you think i have overdone it this week.i feel as if i have hardly done anything but i can feel the calf now as i sit in my comy chair typing away.i feel i could go out and run but do not know whether to continue running or rest it,ice it or what.help!!! ps any tips on training advice or plan would be good!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.