Rugby world cup

Joke

41 to 49 of 49 messages
24/10/2003 at 08:41
If a sport involving wrestling the ball off the opposition is "silly" then you've wiped out about 50 sports in one breath. Football involves the same principle but with your feet. I just can't fathom why you put finger to keyboard to make your point. Nobody who doesn't understand rugby can appreciate it, fair enough. I don't understand why footballers leap in the air like salmon when they have hardly been touched, and sometimes not at all !
I understand a little better you thinking rugby is silly...... being Scottish.
24/10/2003 at 09:31
maybe GS is not a fan of any competitive sport that involves body contact?? that's what I am seeing. and to describe rugby as "silly" seems to me to be a curious use of the word. I do not enjoy most sports involving horses but I would not call them silly - I appreciate the skills but they just don't do anything for me.

anyway - some interesting games this weekend n'est pas????????

24/10/2003 at 10:20
NZ 82 Tonga 7. Wales watch out. Wales will beat Italy, and I would like to see the Scots give France a game but I can't see it.
24/10/2003 at 11:48
Look the fact that we Welsh are Sh*!ing ourselves about tomorrow, against ITALY doesnt say much for our expectations.

We should be looking for a cricket score. (well an England score against Aussie bowlers anyway).

Wonder if the Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau will be replaced with the theme to the Hair Bear Bunch....
24/10/2003 at 11:59
NZ are sh**ing themselves about the Welsh match. Wales will beat Italy and then NZ, well this is the joke thread :o)
24/10/2003 at 16:44
Erm sorry DT must correct you there - I do believe we thrashed Tonga 91-7 !! Wales have got no chance next week!
24/10/2003 at 17:38
The Welsh have it sorted, all they are doing is fooling the rest of the world into thinking they are a bunch of no-hopers, and next week NZ will field a second string team. Wales will rise to the challenge and beat 'em fair and square......this then means England will have to face NZ in the play-off's. Johnson exit stage left.

The Welsh may be ugly, but they're not stupid!!!!

Scotland however, well that is another story.

24/10/2003 at 17:41
oy - who you calling ugly??

am going to miss the Wales/Italy game as am doing other things - maybe not a bad idea - mate will be texting me the scores. will tape and watch later.....maybe!

am bloody nervous already
24/10/2003 at 18:10
Soz FBF, I'm a Scot/Engl/Irish mongrel and used to be 'pretty-boy' centre/winger. However, playing in the mob against the Welsh Guards changed my appearance somewhat...I was quick in those days, but eventually 'the cocky youngster' got caught!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.