Run Every Day

21 to 30 of 30 messages
01/01/2013 at 16:54

Dobcrossdaz,

Go for it !! 

The difficulty now is working out when to stop...I promised myself I would stop after a year...but couldn't resist the urge to carry on today!

happy running all 

01/01/2013 at 21:19

Thanks Slow improver ...this thread gave me the motivation !!!! carry on running whats to lose

02/01/2013 at 18:01

People ask me how many days, why, what would stop me and the like - their interest helps keep me going

03/01/2013 at 22:42

...i am up for a challenge ...only day 3 tho but all is well..Mrs DD things I have gone crazy

03/01/2013 at 23:24

DD,

Great.... keep it going. Day 3 year 2 here. Somehow it feels much easier second year round, though swittle would know more about that. 

All,

Any other 'run every day' posters out there??

happy running all 

04/01/2013 at 10:52

slow improver, I see what you mean about streaking becoming easier the more days you do it.  I tend to evaluate daily how I felt before, during & after my daily run - and I use the training log on Fetcheveryone.com [plug, plug] religiously, as well as my diary. 

04/01/2013 at 11:49

...Year 2 SI wow...bet its hard to stop after you have done it for a year ...i am sure it will get easier as I go on . Day 4 done

04/01/2013 at 11:56

Well done to you all for doing this.

I am just curious though, do you have any races planned ? If so, I imagine you would need to do some tempo, intervals, hills, speedwork sessions as well as you easy runs ? If you are doing speed sessions do you not get tired ? Does this not lead to overtarining ?

04/01/2013 at 12:07

Hi Carterusm i only have a 10 k Bupa Manchester run booked in May which should be east enough. Will up my runs in March April for that ...so speed sessions for me at the minute

12/01/2013 at 20:30

Day 378 - 40 weeks today 

Carterusm,

No races planned. Did just one last year, not got round to entering any. I try to mix it between slow and steady short runs (which I count as my 'rest') and moderately quick longer runs. On average I look for running at least 1  x5k and 1 10k timed & measured run per month to keep the speed and the interest! 

Dobc 

How's it going?

happy running all 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.