Run the day before a PB attempt?

Should I?

10 messages
27/09/2012 at 20:10

Hey guys, I did my first long run on Monday, and loved it. I am planning on attempting an under 30 PB this Saturday at my local parkrun. 

The thing is, due to extremely tight time constraints this week, I didn't go out on Tuesday, wednesday or today!.

I will definately have time for a run tomorrow though, but it is the day before my PB attempt so should I run? Or should I stay in, it just feels like I have been so lazy :S.

I'd like to hear your ideas or opinions on this.

Thanks!

27/09/2012 at 20:28

Rest 2 days before a race, run easy with strides the day before.

27/09/2012 at 21:14
Depends on experience / mileage. From what you've written, I'd say 'no'.
27/09/2012 at 21:31

no. you're new to running so rest up. a run at this stage won't make any difference. from what i've seen of your previous posts, you are well set...just enjoy the run and don't clock-watch too much.

27/09/2012 at 21:58

Thanks for the responses guys, I think I'll stay in and massage my arches/ calves again. 

Fingers crossed for Saturday! then I can get back to regular weekday running!

Pethead    pirate
28/09/2012 at 15:03
Stevie G . wrote (see)

+1 - I've often been told a couple of miles easy with a few strides at the end is best, but anything harder than that is worse than useless.

WiB
28/09/2012 at 15:15
Pethead wrote (see)
Stevie G . wrote (see)

+1 - I've often been told a couple of miles easy with a few strides at the end is best, but anything harder than that is worse than useless.

+ 1 (or is it 2 now?) Good advice by Stevie G.

WiB
28/09/2012 at 16:44

Drat you SG - I wanted to run 5k xc the day before a hm which would be a pb as it's a flat road race, now you go tell me not to.

28/09/2012 at 16:46

If you run it easy, with some strides, no reason why not still T Mouse.

Pethead    pirate
28/09/2012 at 18:53

I'm doing a 2M relay leg tomorrow before Bristol HM Sunday, guess we're in the same boat Tmouse! I expect it'll be just fine if we don't go hell-for-leather tomorrow.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.