Runners World Magazine

Index please

12 messages
04/11/2002 at 13:21

Like many readers of the Runners World magazine I have accumulated a fair pile and hope to use them for reference in future. However without an index it makes finding relevant articles rather difficult.
If you think having an index in each magazine would be helpful. Please leave a comment on this forum. You never know we may get one!
04/11/2002 at 13:22
Yes please
04/11/2002 at 16:10
Excellent Idea
NTL
04/11/2002 at 16:16
Couldn't agree more.
04/11/2002 at 16:21
Sounds good. Maybe RW also have a reference list somewhere for all the old issues too, which they could put on the website in searchable format..........?

Pretty please, RW.
04/11/2002 at 16:56
Or RW could do what the computer magazines do, which is to issue a CD with all the content from a given year. This will save space and be fast to search. But may discriminate against the pc illiterate readers?
kc
04/11/2002 at 17:03
A searchable index on the website sounds good. Maybe they could follow the example of Sight and Sound, and produce an annual subscribers-only index?
04/11/2002 at 17:15
Excellent idea and also gives a credible response to the question "You can't possibly want or need to keep all those old magazines" !!!
04/11/2002 at 19:57
Enough already!! You have a magazine, a web-site and a forum! I suspect some of you are just looking for excuses not to run..... "can't run tonight dear, I've still got Penguin Chronicles aug 99- Feb 2002 to finish"

Now get those shoes on and go outside!
04/11/2002 at 21:20
Talking of RW, I haven't been able to find a copy in any of my local shops.

Sutton Runner - if you're from the Sutton next to Carshalton in Surrey, have you had any luck?

Cheers, Iain
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/11/2002 at 21:47
index would be usefull but also an online version of all old issues - even if for subscribers only
One other moan.... why put something on the front page of the website that is also in the new issue of the mag?
Cos
11/11/2002 at 13:43
An index would be a brill idea. The other day i was talking running with a work colleague, i told them i had read a good article and would bring it in for them to read, when i got home i had to trawl through dozens of old issues it took me ages. Eventually I found the article but an index would have meade things much easier.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.