Running & Weight Loss

9 messages
07/09/2011 at 07:28

Hi I have just pick up more running sessions. But at the same time i want to loose weight.

I run 3 times a week with one weight training session,  I have a healthy diet which consists of:

Breakfast : either two boiled eggs, grapefruit, total greek yogurt with fruit, fruit salad, omelette.

Mid Mor: Any one of the above.

Dinner: Salad with either cottage cheese, prawns, turkey or chicken, or home made soup.

Mid Afternoon: Fruit or Yougurt

Tea, Meat and vegi's or spag ball with turkey mince

Drinks: 2 litres water & 4 t o 5 cups green tea.

My day job is office.

I run two 6k & one 9 to 11k

I'm 5ft weight 9st 4lbs, female & 44 yrs young

Does this sound ok or not anyone. I also want to improve my running times. So I have up my mileage slowly 

07/09/2011 at 10:54
Losing weight and running more miles will help you run faster.

Eating less and running more miles will help you lose weight.

If you're not losing weight on what you describe above, you're eating too much of it and/or not running enough.
07/09/2011 at 10:57

Hello Jj,

Thank you for that. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track, not under-eating or over-eating.

Many thanks Nikki Moorside Motivators

07/09/2011 at 11:10
Nikki, what Jj said. your diet looks very healthy but if you aren't running enough to burn off more calories than you're taking on, you won't lose weight. also remember to factor in booze to the equation too.
07/09/2011 at 11:28

Hi Ewan,

I don't drink

Thanks for the advise though. It's all great guys.

07/09/2011 at 12:21
Jj wrote (see)
Losing weight and running more miles will help you run faster. Eating less and running more miles will help you lose weight. If you're not losing weight on what you describe above, you're eating too much of it and/or not running enough.

Since I started running my appetite has gone through the roof.

Having said that I've been losing weight.

07/09/2011 at 12:54

Hi Jj,

Well done, i hope as i up my mileage it will work for me

cheers

07/09/2011 at 14:21

Hi Nikki, I too am on the same journey, Started running in february and combined with a low fat smaller portions diet I have indeed lost weight.

However, I did have a spell where for a fair few weeks, I just stayed the same on the scales, I had noticed a difference in my clothes tho.  I think it was just where i was losing fat, but gaining muscle, so the scales were just balancing out. Things seem to be moving again now tho yippeeeee!

07/09/2011 at 15:56

Hi Samanf,

What can I say well done, an looks like I'm on the right track just need to keep going and motivated i guess.

Thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.