Running all over the world ..........

Marathon mad !

9 messages
23/05/2005 at 09:12
With the exception of the 100 Club members (who have already done it) is there anyone out there that is keen to have a go at doing 10/12 races p.a with the aim of eventually joining the 100 Club.You can only qualify as a "wannabee" if you've done 50 or more.I have only done about 30 and would like to know if anyones also interested in joining me to achive this milestone ? I can't find anyone mad enough at my local club ! Thanks Dave
23/05/2005 at 12:22
Hi Dave - I'm sure you'll have a few forumites to take you up on your offer.
When I was clocking up the marathons to reach my 100 I found that I travelled to most of my races alone but met all the same runners at the marathons, no matter what part of the country I was in.

Have you all your races planned for this year?
23/05/2005 at 19:24
Thanks for your reply, yes have 12 planned for this year including: Stockholm,Windmill,Beachy Head,New Forest,Luton,Cornwall,Kent Coastal Marathon and possibly Loch Ness.It would be nice to hook up with a few like minded souls !!
23/05/2005 at 22:33
yes YES!!!!!!!!
you will meet nutters like shades at all these maras anyway

How do you think i know her?

(21 and counting down)
24/05/2005 at 09:50
Dave - I'll be at the Cornish Marathon, but I think you'll meet Hippo first, she's doing some of those on your 2005 list.
24/05/2005 at 12:39
Thanks I will look out then for someone wearing shades and another dressed up as a Hippo. C U at the Cornish whoever you are.
24/05/2005 at 12:51
No doubt I'll be starting a thread on the Cornish as it's my favourite marathon! See you there, good luck with all your races, you will find that the number you do each year will start to creep up!!
24/05/2005 at 18:23
Im fat and blonde with glasses

Only luton is on my list out of your lot
you seem to be picking hard off road ones
25/05/2005 at 11:41
Hippo - Are you not doing the Windmill (Rottingdean) now?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.