Running at Lunch time

The joys and perils of running at lunch....

21 to 37 of 37 messages
14/12/2011 at 09:18

is that a hint?

mcs
14/12/2011 at 09:40

YES...................my phone has bust oh well never mind.............time for a nespresso anybody want one??? Think I might get a large packet of choccie biscuits and eat today!!!

Three mile run into work was pleasant but didn't sleep too well cant think why!!! So bit tired this am!!!

14/12/2011 at 10:48

I don't get lunch breaks either. I tend to work 18hr 2pm - 8am or 6hr shifts. No breaks. I'm lucky, some people here work 3 or 4 days straight through. (we are allowed to eat just not a lunch break). Because I work in group homes with adults with learning difficulties you can't actually do anything without being followed by someone.You have to make sure you bolt the bathroom door properly as well. (A mistake I've made just the once ).

I run on my way home from work, like this morn I did hill reps but I cycle commute.

mcs
14/12/2011 at 11:40

Blimey Gingerbread that sounds like slave labour working 18 hour shifts!! Thought slavery had been abolished......do you get to sleep in that time at all if its nights? I cycle in and out or at lunch if I fancy a change or have to get home earlier for stuff. 

I was on my own in the office getting changed the other day and in came the post lady for a signature, that was interesting having to explain I had run in to work and was turning on my computer while getting changed. She smiled in a bemused way and shot off!!!!! She gives me a wry smile when I see her now!!!

14/12/2011 at 12:25

I run at Lunchtime most days. I am lucky as we have a gym on site so I can run on a trreadmill if the weathers too bad.

I went for a run outdoors yesterday in all those wild winds - gym staff thought I was mad but I quite enjoyed it!

Biggest draw back for me running at Lunchtime is sweating when I get back in the office!!!!

Anybody got any good tips for cooling down quickly?

14/12/2011 at 12:29
Rob, best thing is a cold shower works well in summer, either that do hald an hour at your desk then go for the shower
14/12/2011 at 12:54
Wish i could run at lunch time. only get 30 mins, so just enough time to scoff some food then back to the grind! feel it would be better putting a run in as would pick me up for the afternoon! really flagging today !
14/12/2011 at 13:22
I GET AN HOUR NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT RUNNING AT LUNCHTIME
mcs
14/12/2011 at 13:35
 Get out there its good to escape the office....
14/12/2011 at 14:09
Erm, MCS ..... you ARE having a shower after this running, aren't you? 
mcs
14/12/2011 at 15:22
Every time honest MUM!!!! I am very well trained............even have toothbrush, wipes, antiperspirant, towels and an assortment of clothes in the office. I have three lockers!!!Having no hair to speak of helps!!!
14/12/2011 at 15:26
Just had my lunchtime run 12miles in 1hr 17mins brilliant, fingers are still a little cold though.  Still when I got back my laptop was just finishing its upgrade form IT so excellent timing.  Time for a decent coffee I think.
mcs
14/12/2011 at 15:27
Nice running you deserve to be going to Paris thats a fair lick you are going at matey...........how are the nerves holding up?
14/12/2011 at 20:02

12 miles in 1:17 is awesome! At the moment dont get lunch break (i know i am a fool) but as our team is being restructured, i am planning to change that . . . running in the centre of bristol is a nightmare! Has anyone got any suggestions of routes around bristols...? 

IronCat5    pirate
14/12/2011 at 21:16
gingerbread mouse wrote (see)

I don't get lunch breaks either. I tend to work 18hr 2pm - 8am or 6hr shifts. No breaks. I'm lucky, some people here work 3 or 4 days straight through. (we are allowed to eat just not a lunch break). Because I work in group homes with adults with learning difficulties you can't actually do anything without being followed by someone.You have to make sure you bolt the bathroom door properly as well. (A mistake I've made just the once ).

Working Time Directive?

14/12/2011 at 21:49

Don't get enough time for a lunchtime run

-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://ninjatriathletemonkey.blogspot.com/

15/12/2011 at 00:17

Just seen this thread. Run at lunchtimes only over the winter. Too hot and so sweaty other times of the year. No shower! Have to wash the best I can in basins. I use to travel the whole of West Sussex. absolutly brillient! Could run in Ashdown Forest one day, then around Thorney Island the next. Shame now only Bognor Regis to Worthing now. That still means a good chunk of the South downs and The South Coast and at most times of the year if I leave my run to later, the south part of the Weald on the way home. Lucky me! Does mean  have to get in early or work late to make up the time.

Happy days!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 37 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.