Running club at David Lloyd

any good?

4 messages
13/05/2009 at 10:04

Just received a weeks free membership at David Lloyd, and see they have a running club called the Crusiers.  

They meet 3 times a week and wondered if anyone was already a member.  Obviously a shed load to join, but my local running club wants ninty pounds as it is, and I would use the gym membership.  

Anyone have any opinions?

cougie    pirate
13/05/2009 at 10:18
Well I think it would depend which gym its based at ? I dont think all of their running clubs would be the same, and what people like /dislike about it may not be the same as you.

Ninety quid for running club seems a lot to me anyway - but that would pale into insignificance compared to a DL membership !

Be silly not to use the free trial ?
Edited: 13/05/2009 at 10:18
13/05/2009 at 10:30

Ninety pounds to join a running club?

They're having a laugh!

Look around (try the UK:Athletics website) and you might find other clubs in your area.

13/05/2009 at 21:59
Check the wording of the membership contract very carefully, especially the notice period to leave. Suffice to say they got very heavy with the ex-Mrs Muttley when she decided to quit (this was a few years ago, they might have cleaned up their act since then). Threatening letters from debt collectors, county court case - which they eventually lost. But it caused us a whole load of hassle. The facilities were nice, sure, but their business practices stink.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.