Running club Henley

17 messages
05/01/2013 at 10:57
Does anyone know of a current running club in Henley on Thames? If not i'd be very keen to try and set one up and know if anyone would be keen? I'm in my late 20's and am training for triathlons and various races 10k to half marathon and am really lookin for some other runners to train with. Any advice would be grateful. Thanks, lucy
05/01/2013 at 12:13

Not aware of one in Henley (happy to be corrected of course) but there is an active running club in Wargrave, which is just up the road.

A little further away are Reading Road Runners, one of the biggest clubs in the area.

05/01/2013 at 13:48
Thanks Muttley!

I'm a member of reading road runners and I join them for one track session a week but am looking for people to go on medium-long runs with in the Henley area. I have tried to contact wargrave runners but have had no response. Maybe I will try again.

I always see runners in Henley (alone or in pairs) so I'm sure there would be people out there who be keen to get a group together...it's just finding
17/03/2013 at 11:26

Hi Lulu, would love to ruin in Henley. Have you found anyone yet??

17/03/2013 at 11:26

Sorry I meant 'run' rather than 'ruin'!

08/06/2013 at 15:21

did you find an existing club in Henley Lulu? Or even go about forming one? I'm also in/from Henley so a running club would be handy

24/06/2013 at 23:02

Yep, I'd also be up for a club forming. Shall we arrange a first run. How about this wednesday - meet in the square by Starbucks at 7pm for a 1 hour run around remenham hoods and along the river?

28/08/2013 at 16:02

Hi. I've been on the look-out for a running club in Henley for a while as well. I'm training for the Henley half. Did you all meet up as per the last post? If so, are you guys now running regularly together?

Regards,

Tim

19/09/2013 at 15:02

Likewise - would be very keen to join/setup a running club in Henley!

James

19/10/2013 at 11:15

I would also be very interested in a Henley running club - did anything ever come of this?

18/01/2014 at 09:40

Realise this post is old but did a club get set up? I am moving to Henley in February and would love to join a local running club.

28/01/2014 at 21:15

Hi Lundy, ditto your message - I'm wondering if anything came together?

I live in Henley and am progressing from 5k to competing in a 10k in March, so would welcome running both for fun and for training. My plan is to run 3 times a week.

I see that there is a group that gets together at 7pm every Tuesday - see http://www.trainingmatters2u.com/running.php. Unfortunately I can't currently make this as clashes with other commitments.

BTW welcome to Henley, it's a great place to live!

Steph

09/02/2014 at 18:20

I moved to Henley in September and I'm probably one of those people you see running by themselves on a a Sunday. I'd be up for a run some Sunday or Saturday morning if people are keen.  I normally run about a 10 minute mile and happy to go out for as long as people want.

10/02/2014 at 19:26

Hi Olivier

I'd be very happy to join you for a run, although I'm not sure I'm quite at 10 minute mile pace, but good to be pushed a bit further!

I haven't heard from Lundy, so could be just you and me... but who knows maybe we could start a trend

Let me know - I completely understand if you'd rather not run with someone slower

Steph

13/02/2014 at 17:56

Hi Stepahie.  It would be nice to meet up for a run sometime soon; I don't mind it being a bit slower.   i could meet up on a weekday evening at 7:00 if you fancy a short run?

16/02/2014 at 10:04

Hi Olivier, that would be great.

I'm not available until w/c 24th, but would love to run together and improve my pace.

my email address is tephaniejarcher@hotmail.co.uk]stephaniejarcher@hotmail.co.uk if you would like to drop me a quick Hi and then we can coordinate dates. 7 works for me.

11/07/2014 at 09:25

Hey! Did anyone manage to get anything going in Henley in the end?..

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.