Running club xmas party

Does yours have one?

9 messages
29/11/2004 at 13:49
My running club is having its xmas party on saturday night at a local hotel. It's a bring a party to a party type thing with meal and dancing.

Does your club have a xmas do? Do you have any hilarious tales from past running club events?
29/11/2004 at 13:59
Yes, going out for a meal on Friday.
No hilarious stories unfortunately, but it is strange to see everyone all dolled up and with their hair not plastered to their faces or scraped back into ponytails.
Plum    pirate
29/11/2004 at 14:05
I dont recognize most of my club with clothes on .......Its scary
29/11/2004 at 15:01
Plum - is it a nude running club? :-)
id
29/11/2004 at 15:14
Now I'm never going to get that image out of my head.......
29/11/2004 at 15:35
we do usually but this year it all seems to have gone terribly wrong!
So I think it will be some kind of night in some kind of pub???
29/11/2004 at 16:07
We have a christmas run we run 5 or 6 miles stopping at 5 or6 pubs on route,then back to the club for food and more drinks.
29/11/2004 at 16:10
P.S. we only stop in C.A.M.R.A.pubs,so the beer is good, no,the beer is great.
Max
29/11/2004 at 17:25
Yes, just had it last Friday combined with club's 30th. anniversary, free glass of bubbly, disco, bar & buffet, excellent night. All good & quiet.

Regards,

Max. ;-)

PS. A few years ago some youngsters drank their carry out in the car park before coming into the disco & the police visited the hall looking for them. Believe it or not but it was the first night of an initiative to cut down underage drinking & these boys were seen drinking on video camera. The parents were contacted & one father who is a policeman had 2 sons in trouble.!!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.