running clubs - Edinburgh

3 messages
08/02/2005 at 14:01
hello,

wondering about joining a club in Edinburgh. Anyone got any recommendations? I am about average speed - about 48min for 10K but would like to do a sub 45 min 10K. Thought joining a club might give me a boost but I am worried that I am too slow or that everyone takes it all too seriously. I like going to the gym as well as running - a bit of cross training does wonders for the knees and the upper body strength. I remember joining the Edinburgh Uni Hares and Hounds years ago and it was miserable, I got lapped so not up for anything too speedy.

All suggestions welcome. or should I just keep plodding alone?
08/02/2005 at 14:58
Your best to look at the wwww.scottishathletics.org.uk web page i saw about 5 or 6 clubs with Edinburgh addresses see what one you fancy and suits your needs & away you go.
08/02/2005 at 15:00
where did that extra (w)come from ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.