Running Clubs in Edinburgh

3 messages
M
12/09/2002 at 12:32
Hi
Can anyone recommend a user-friendly running club in Edinburgh?
I've been running for about 2 and a half years now and am about to run my first 10K but I would like to build up this distance, as I would love to do a marathon someday.
Can anyone help??
Thanks

12/09/2002 at 12:45
Hi M

Although I'm not a member, I can reccommend Portobello Running Club. I've trained with them a few times and they are very friendly people.

I was in the same position as you (a novice 10k runner) when I went along and they made every effort to make me feel welcome.

I didn't join as a) I was injured for a few months and, b) I'm moving away soon. Otherwise I'd have signed up!

You can contact David Edgar (Secretary) on 447 0808.

Regards
Murd
10/10/2002 at 10:46
If you havent already joined Portebello by now, or even if you have, Lothian RC hold 2 training sessions in Edinburgh (although we are mainly Livingston area based)which anyone can attend. One is an interval session in the Meadows on a Tuesday evening, which normally has around 60 people attending (of all abilities)and the other is a steady run on a Thursday. For details see website lothianrunning.free-online.co.uk

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.