Running Gear

4 messages
20/02/2007 at 19:42
I am Very New to running. what is the best gear to train and run in and what is the best underwear to wear when running?
20/02/2007 at 20:21
Always train in 4th or 5th gear - it's more economical that way....

;o)

To be serious: the simple answer is, "whatever's comfortable". You might also want to add the caveat, "Within the limits of decency". Which all means differnt things for different people.

For example, since I started running in the 80s, what others view as micro mini racer shorts are perfectly comfortable for me. Others prefer baggier shorts or lycra cycling short type things.

People may shout "NOT Cotton!" but we managed fine with this for years: however modern, "wicking" fabrics do have a lot going for them and are worth the extra expense. Decent socks are a must too - there are lots of "technical" socks about that definitely are better than cotton ones.

However, so long as you get your shoes and socks right, the rest is up to you. A good running shop is the best place to go for advice on the footwear front.
20/02/2007 at 20:50
I agee with greyhound,start from the feet up.
spend more on your feet and less on the head(generally)but whatever is comfortable is best and it is a personal thing.

welcome
20/02/2007 at 20:55
Hi, Thanks for all your advise. I will start feet first.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.