Running in Dorset

Need running routes

5 messages
09/08/2002 at 09:06
Hi

Can anyone suggest places to run around Dorchester and Weymouth in particular. I'm a female runner and currently run approx. 4 miles per run, but would like to train for a 1/2 marathon and need to know safe places to train that I can keep up through the winter months.

Any ideas welcome.
Thanks
11/12/2004 at 14:17
Nice place to live
11/12/2004 at 16:54
Jenny you might want to contact Hilly. I think she runs around the Weymouth area (I could be completely wrong). Goodluck.
11/12/2004 at 18:37
The Rodwell Trail in Weymouth is quite good for a daytime run. If you join it near ASDA you can run up to the Portland beach road and along the disused railway up to Portland itself. If you carry on to Cheswill Cove it's about 8 miles there and back.

For an evening run then along the esplanade in Weymouth is good. Usally lots of people around and if you run on a Tuesday you're bound to bump into the local running club.
11/12/2004 at 18:56
Jenny: Hilly is the person to contact, she lives in your area. There's quite a few clubs in your area, Edgon Heath are very popular and have runners of all abilities. There is also a club in Dorchester itself. Visit http://www.dorset-athletics.freeserve.co.uk/links.htm for contacts.

I can't help you for runs around Dorcehester itself as I live just over the border in Somerset, but belong to a Dorset club. Ask if you want anymore info I can help you with.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.