Running in London

6 messages
24/09/2002 at 13:03
I'm visiting London shortly for a meeting. With a long time between flights, I've got time to take my running shoes for a trot round one of the parks: does anyone know of any gyms/swimming pools/sports centre in the Hyde Park area that I could base myself from?
(Preferably one that won't want a year's membership up front!)
24/09/2002 at 13:20
Hiya Graham,

The Serpentine Runners at www.serpentine.org.uk should be able to help. Apparently they have access to changing facilities at a sports centre very near to Hyde Park Corner. There's lots of guidance on routes around the various parks. I run the three parks quite regularly and can thoroughly recommend it.

Have fun. Scotty
25/09/2002 at 13:16
Graham
Cannons in the West End is close to Green Park, Regent Park and Hyde Park - take your pick of great running venues. So far as I know, they have daily visitor rates. If you want I could find out what they are and send directions.
F
25/09/2002 at 14:56
Hi

It's definitely worth checking out the Serpentine RC website. I believe they meet every Wed at 7pm at a leisure centre which is just a few minutes run from Hyde Park Corner. Details should be on their website.

I used to be a member before I relocated and I can thoroughly recommend the club. They are very friendly and you will be made more than welcome.
25/09/2002 at 15:40
The nearest Leisure Centre to Hyde Park is Seymour Leisure Centre, in Seymour Place (just off Edgeware Road). They will probably charge you no more than the price of a shower to leave your clothes there whilst you run!
25/09/2002 at 18:49
Graham, I'm a Serpie and we leave the centre sharp at 7pm on Wednesdays, we meet in the main hall. Most of us get there soon after 6.30.

And yes we are a friendly bunch, so do join us. I'm not going tonight myself as I'm working late :(

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.