Running in Neath

Need a 15-17 mile route

6 messages
21/11/2011 at 21:56
Hi, I'm an ex-pat living in Cheshire.  I'm going home for a weekend in Dec and looking for a 15-17 mile route for a run in prep for the Manchester Marathon next year.  Anyone got any suggestions ? 
22/11/2011 at 10:34
I'd search first on mapometer - the site where runners can store their routes and allows other people to search for them.  If there's nothing suitable, map out your own route from it - it's very easy to use.
22/11/2011 at 12:30
Thanks, much appreciated
22/11/2011 at 17:06
Where in Neath will you be running from - I can give you a very good idea of a few routes - some, even scenic! 
22/11/2011 at 17:14

Can be really scenic - once you leave Neath.

I'll get my coat...................

22/11/2011 at 17:24

Sorry John,

I'm from Swansea though have a lot of family from Neath and there is always a little bit of rivalry.

If you don't want to get lost you can follow the River Neath for miles on cycle route 46??but it's out and back or head up the Neath Valley and then back over the top of the hills through the forests.

If you get a map there is literally miles and miles of trails through the forests east of Neath

This website may give you some ideas.

Piers

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.