running in slaithwaite

9 messages
12/11/2012 at 13:19
I will be moving in 2 weeks and I don't know anyone in slaithwaite. I was wondering if there is a running club there I could join or anyone who goes running who might want a buddy. I am an ok runner, normally run at 8 min miles and try to do roughly 6 to 8 miles on a Saturday morning. If anyone has any information please let me know. Thanks
12/11/2012 at 19:50

There are a couple of clubs nearby, Meltham is perhaps closest and then there's also Stadium runners or Holmfirth. There's also a fair few folks who all run together and meet up at Parkrun on a saturday morning. 

13/11/2012 at 09:29
Thank you for this! I do park run now so ill see where the nearest is as that may he a good start! Thank you for coming back to me, thats really kind!
13/11/2012 at 19:10

the nearest parkrun i know of is Greenhead Park - Huddersfield,
unless that is your current parkrun? 

14/11/2012 at 04:25

Hermes ia always a leader in the fashion field. Most of the people want to own one,if you want get one in a very considerable price, you can try this:http://www.hothermes.net/

14/11/2012 at 09:26
Hi sally, thanks but I think you replied to the wrong thread!

Daniel that's fab ill have a look! I currently do park run at Heaton park in prestwich but I'm moving to slaithwaite.
11/12/2012 at 23:17

Ive moved to Crosland Moor for a short while but work shifts. Ive run to slawaitha afew times from Crosland. i tend to run during the day as I work nights mostly. If this is any good to you gimme a shout as I could do with  a running buddy in this area to get me up thos hills !

16/02/2013 at 14:49

Hi Lisa and everyone, I have just moved to Slaithwaite this week. Just wondering what you found in the way of clubs and running partners? I've been running for a couple of years. I am training for a marathon and went for a short run the other day along the canal and also on a short hilly run which was pretty humbling! Those hills are tough! 

12/10/2013 at 03:38

Try the canal, from slaithwaite to standedge tunnel and back in exactly 10k

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.