Running in the countryside

6 messages
09/06/2003 at 13:59
I have always thought myself lucky being able to run across heath land during my lunch breaks. That was until I had to remove a tick that was embedded in my arm… Today I ran along the road!!!

You lucky people running in the town & cities, I bet you don't have any blood sucking parasites to worry about!!
09/06/2003 at 14:11
What about big issue sellers ?
09/06/2003 at 19:41
yeah,flyflicker,I get fed up with just cows to look at.A country mile is much longer also!!
WildWill    pirate
09/06/2003 at 20:10
must admit i've never had the tick problem
09/06/2003 at 20:25
FF

Were you crawling along to get a tick in your arm. I wear my jogging wellies to protect my legs from ticks.

Bullfinch
09/06/2003 at 20:39
You can get a spray to repel mozzies that says on the bottle that it repels ticks. Might be worth a squirt in the future if you dont mind the chemicals. Or you could try rubbing your exposed skin with citronella essential oil mixed with a carrier oil ie: grapeseed (cheap from a supermarket) You will smell a bit though! Insects are supposed to hate it and maybe the ticks would just slide off :-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.