Running in the rain

inspiration please!

21 to 25 of 25 messages
21/04/2012 at 10:06
nice running in the rain keeps you cool and not to hot
25/04/2012 at 21:48
I have been lucky so far having been able to avoid getting soaked in rain. I did get caught up in a torrential downpour with hail on Sunday afternoon during the last 3k of my run. I had knonw there was a strong chance of this happening, I could literally smell rain in the air, moments before the heavens opened. It felt like a "storm chaser" run.

I have to say, I found the rain very refreshing, I even stretched out my hands at one point to fully "soak in" the experience. The hail on my face was not too nice but made me run harder, as if fighting the elements.

Priceless experience! Would I do it again? If I can avoid it, probably not, but if it happens, it will not panic me any more. And sometimes it is just nice to do something completely crazy!
26/04/2012 at 00:57
Put on a cap.

You don't feel the rain on your head, the peak keeps the rain off your face.

Can't feel the rain = no rain

Easy running - no jacket required
26/04/2012 at 13:50
Nowt wrong with a bit of rain, after all I've never seen a rusty man.
27/04/2012 at 13:10
Love running in the rain. only thing I do different is wear a cap. you will be having a shower when youve done so what difference does it make if you get wet. It keeps you cool, I always run a little faster in the rain. Get out there you might enjoy it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.