Running in the snow?

101 to 109 of 109 messages
11/01/2010 at 14:09
Just been out for 6.5miles. Its starting to get a little slushy here (Ipswich), and I found it much harder to run on than the fresher snow. Much slippier and I had to take it about 30s per mile slower. Still beats the treadmill though!
11/01/2010 at 16:19
Well I managed to get out, did 15 miles  - 3 short of the target 18 but it was bloody hard work! Slushy snow is a lot harder to run in than the fresh stuff.  I think much of country is thawing now anyway - we in the south east are? Roll on the spring!
11/01/2010 at 16:29
Its got to the point now where its just cold, wet and slushy - and I want it gone! It was nice in the fresh stuff, but its nasty now.
11/01/2010 at 18:48

Went for a run today. Had everything from fresh snow to bare earth, very wet and soggy bare earth I admit, slush, ice and compacted snow. 10 miles, fingers numb and body boiling - only 2 layers. I wore long tights which I don't normally but they double up as cycling tights which is how I get about.

I still want summer but I do like the cold air.

11/01/2010 at 20:11
I sometimes dont think im working hard enough because im 10-15 minutes slower then usual, Yet i have more aches and pains then usual.
05/02/2010 at 12:15

Hi

I was too late to enter the Sussex beacon Half marathon, do you know anyone who might have an enrty they will not be using?

Sussex Beacon will do a transfer, 

Please conta contact me on james@zimmerstewart.co.uk

Thanks

19/01/2013 at 17:00
Only had half hr to spare went out for a short run - two layers and temp was fine - but found myself running on the road to avoid slushy paths - good fun though
19/01/2013 at 19:05

Im doing the London marathon and training is going well. Upto 12 mile runs on a sunday as of last week. I started in December to get an extra month of training in due to knee ACL reconstruction 9 months ago.

Thing is I live amongst the hills and theres nowhere flat at all to run near me and I've a bloody stupid bug thats going round, nose is like a tap. Ive bought some running gloves wih the intention of doing at least 10 miles tommorow but don't know if its best to rest instead and not risk slipping/damaging the knee and the stupid bug I have had since Wednesday.

I could maybe do a long run Monday by getting a lift to where I usually go running but drive there, the cars stuck in the snow at the moment.

Not sure what to do.

19/01/2013 at 19:11

Mark, sounds as though you should rest, given that you've got the bug as well on top of everything else. There's no point getting out there just so you can tell yourself you're on schedule if it's going to make things worse.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 109 of 109 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.